Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

She's lovely, BM - that's an impressive bow. Looks like she's got a bit of a keel. Is she sea-going?

I will only be a lucky, lucky thing if I manage to realise this project.For the time being, I often look in the mirror, thinking:"Who the heck is this fool watching me ?"

I know exactly what you mean.

She's lovely, BM - that's an impressive bow. Looks like she's got a bit of a keel. Is she sea-going?

I know exactly what you mean.

The bow is impressive, but looks even more so as when I took this photo, I just arrived at that spot on the Canal St.Quentin

with low bridges to pass. Instead of dismanteling the wheelhouse, I pumped water in the cofferdam (space between the cargo fueltanks and engineroom bulkhead) to get the roof low enough.

She is flat bottom and round chine, and was licenced for all navigable water in Holland, the big rivers, and estuaries and the islands in the sea North of Holland, and being fully decked pretty safe for the heavier weather conditions that are often present in Holland.

Thought I'd join in. Firstly theres a few pics of our cabin boat, an R.WDavis Northwich Trader, built in 2000, powered by a Gardner 3LW.

gallery_4198_285_277130.jpg

gallery_4198_285_9707.jpg

Also some pics of my restored josher motorboat Clover built in 1935 and currently powered by a bolinder 1053.

gallery_4198_285_143180.jpg

gallery_4198_285_194879.jpg

Not the most recent pic and before anybody shouts - there is no speed restriction on this section of the Nene . . .

speed01.JPG

Just dug up this old pic of Alder on the Thames taken in 2003. Another won of those "reckless" Davis boat owners giving it some stick. Probably breaking the speed limit though!

gallery_4198_285_55167.jpg

I came across a reference to the forum in a magazine, so I thought I would join in and give myself yet another excuse for spending too much time on the internet when I should be doing something else!

Anyway, thought I would start with a couple of shots of my boat, Andante. First, as I bought her

andante-macc.jpg

and how she looks now - amazing what a bit of paint will do!

andante-bugb.jpg

I live in Suffolk, but the boat is based near Northampton - hopefully i'll meet a few of you out and about somewhere!

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Do you mind mixing steel and plastic? Here is my boat moored at Langrick Bridge pontoon on the Witham, about 5 mile from Boston. We had alighted to partake of the FerryBoats' Sunday lunchtime fare. Absolutely excellent it was too!

LININ.jpg

(Don't fenders make a boat look untidy?)

I thought i would start up a thread of photos of members boats.

- Each member who wants to cen post one or two 'mug-shots' of there boat, for general interest, and to build up a bit of a reference.

- Please avoid hugly excessive file sizes where possable and be aware that post without images maybe removed from the thread for neatness.

Betsey Trotwood - paining of top half finished.

betseytrotwood.jpg

R.

(Incidentally, the reason the masking tape is there is because we were sealing the leaking windows a few months ago but had to keep pausing between rainy spells. We paused for so long that now the tape won't come off without leaving kacky bits everywhere. :clapping: It'll take a long soaking and a lot of patience to persuade it off the window now!)

Hi There

We had a similar problem with MILES of masking tape.

Try nail varnish remover (Acitone) or meths

Alex

Is this thread only for boat exteriors?

My fit out is nearing completion - just got the bathroom to finish and gas to install.

Before anyone asks, no I didn't line it out - that was done courtesy of Liverpool Boats. I don't have any experience working with large sheets of ply - in fact I have very little woodworking experience at all so I'm quite pleased with the bits I did do.

One of my neighbours was taking the piss by asking how it could have taken me so long to fit out a boat that was already fitted out? (Smart bastard :cheers: ) Well, I never claimed to be a DIY expert and even a lined sailaway was a big project for me. It doesn't help speed things up when you're living on the boat amongst your tools & boxes of bits.

Bedroom, looking out the bow doors.

These are just pine wardrobes that I screwed to the bulkhead and I then I fitted some shelves on both sides to use the dead space.

It looks odd in the picture but there's about 3ft clearance between those steps and the bed (The steps are made from 2 sets of caravan steps held together with 2 pieces of surplus kitchen worktop bolted through with small dome bolts).

DSC00479.jpg

Bedroom

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

Bi-fold door leading into the corridor

DSC00477.jpg

Looking down the corridor from the bedroom into the saloon (The bathroom is on the left but it's unfinished so I haven't posted any photos.)

I made the narrow cupboards under the gunwhales with 1" thick butchers block worktop and pine doors which I stained and waxed.

The black hooks & turnbuckles on the porthole liners are for porthole bungs which I have instead of curtains.

I'll try to post a picture of a porthole bung soon.

DSC00487.jpg

Saloon

DSC00474.jpg

Looking astern towards the galley The kitchen units are Ikea and the hexagonal wooden container at the bottom left next to the guitar

is where I put the porthole bungs when they're not being used. (It's 2 outdoor plant bedding containers screwed together)

DSC00480.jpg

The kitchen sink! Valliant water heater & 3 way fridge.

DSC00483.jpg

Hob (still not connected - note the camping stove!) There's a convection microwave oven in the cupboard below the hob.

DSC00484.jpg

Galley (that's a water resistant laminate, not tiles on the floor)

DSC00485.jpg

Edited by blackrose

Wow!

i've always loved your boat from the outside, but the interior looks even better.

Great work Mike

Thanks a lot.

Unlike a lot of new build widebeams I've seen, I think she still looks like a boat on the inside. Looking back I'm not actually sure if this was completely intentional or just a fortunate outcome :cheers: Anyway, I'm happy with the way it's turned out.

I wonder if I might be allowed to take this topic in a slightly different direction.

I have been asked at short notice if I would give a talk on canals and all that happens there. If I do it, the talk it would be illustrated with photos using power point. The problem is I have few photos of life on the cut, each time I see something that inspires me I dont have the camera to hand or the batteries are flat. I would like to deal with the history of the system showing development. I would like to have access to photos of the old working boats, horse drawn and later engine powered. I would like to show the development of the different styles of boats from the past to what is around today. I would like to show the different types of locks and their paddle gear.

On this subject, the other day on the Bridgewater, I came across a boat that had once been an ice breaker that had been built in 1902, making her 105 years old and still being used. This time I did get a picture, so now I have to find a way of getting it from camera to my new computer.

So can anyone help with photos I could use, or can you point me in the direction of such material. I did of course see Emily Anne last Sunday and we exchanged a few polite words.

David.

PS Maybe you would like to email me direct instead of posting contributions on the Forum the choice is yours.

http://www.jasonwilsondesign.com/CW-Boats/...s0527_large.jpg

Thanks a lot.

Unlike a lot of new build widebeams I've seen, I think she still looks like a boat on the inside. Looking back I'm not actually sure if this was completely intentional or just a fortunate outcome :cheers: Anyway, I'm happy with the way it's turned out.

Heh Heh.... now I can copy the inside too...

Thanks Mike.. :lol:

Jokin. Looks fantastic though.

spellin edit...

Edited by Shinner

Okay, well, not my boat (technically I suppose I have a 1/300,000,000 share in it) but I just got word that I will be allowed to be a volunteer crewmember and officer of the day on this one.

1746079.jpg

chock.jpg

WASHINGTON, DC (Aug. 29, 2004)-- U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Chock (WYTL-65602), homeported in Portsmouth, VA, patrols the Potomac River in the Washington, DC area, while the area was under a heightened state of alert (Code Orange). Chock is a 65-foot long; 16-foot wide; 72 ton vessel, built in 1962. It is one of 11 multi-mission 65-foot tugs assigned to the East Coast. USCG photo by Joseph P. Cirone, USCGAUX

This Achilles and Dove as she was, coming from Ricky

pic0001jy6.jpg

Dove is at this point un-powered and slowly sinking

Inside the power house

engineroomlookingforwarxa3.jpg

Gardner 4LW just about big enough

enginefittedwx2.jpg

note beer pump in corner

beerpumpov0.jpg

Edited by dove

<_<I would love to put some pics on but dont no how to do it.

Can anyone help..................... :cheers:

First you've got to upload your pictures to an image hosting website such as this one: http://photobucket.com/

Then you can click on one of the small buttons above (Insert Image), and copy & past the direct image link.

It seems like a bit of a hassle at first, but once you have some pictures in Photobucket it's pretty straightforward.

Mike