Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Canal World is currently fundraising. Please click here to find out more.

Mike Hurley

Member
  • Content count

    77
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

31 Neutral

About Mike Hurley

  • Birthday 11/08/57

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    kosovo and Macedonia

Previous Fields

  • Occupation
    Transport officer for the EU in Kosovo. [Retired]
  • Boat Name
    Pasara
  • Boat Location
    Lake Ohrid

Recent Profile Visitors

343 profile views
  1. Land Rovers can drive on water.

    You can also put an Eco fan on top of the burners to fill the balloon faster.
  2. Dog walking

    I used to have 3 Border Collies and my wife worked with horses, whenever the blacksmith came to do the trimming on the hooves the dogs went mad for the cut offs. Similar stuff to the expensive chews that people buy.
  3. Land Rovers can drive on water.

    You can do your own bottles for the boat too, much cheaper.
  4. Land Rovers can drive on water.

    Back in the late nineties i replaced the chassis on the rustiest one i ever seen, turns out it was used on the film set Rob Roy, pulling boats in and out of the sea.
  5. Land Rovers can drive on water.

    The owner or the Land Rover?
  6. Land Rovers can drive on water.

    Right on mrsmelly, they can be kept going forever, however as a daily drive the old ones are well outdated now, bad brakes, zero comfort but valuable and easily/highly nickable. You must be a mechanic and enthusiast to own one. You can always tell old LR owners because they have no fillings left in their teeth and their eyeballs are continuously rotating in their sockets due to vibration. I ran and maintained 6 of these in Bosnia in 1996, i am still vibrating now. Series 3 would have been a 109.
  7. Land Rovers can drive on water.

    Land Rovers are infinitely repairable, i used to rebuild series 2/3s and they sold in the USA, they went mad for them. I had a series 2a that i put a v8 in, that was a fun drive. They have a character that only old British classics can have, same as the old bikes. I sold my Range Rover last year, a 2002 P38 diesel, terrible reputation for unreliability yet i had zero problems in the 2.5 years i had it, but i knew the time was coming. I now have a 2017 Vitara 4x4, fully loaded with all the toys, great car but like all Jap stuff has no soul at all. New ones i would not touch with a long pole.
  8. Land Rovers can drive on water.

    It is a fact that 75% of Land Rovers made are still on the road, the other 25% made it to where they were going.
  9. Brexit 2017

    Hungary has a big fence now due to all the immigrants coming from The Balkan route. Their government is very anti refugee.
  10. Diesel Bug - Ensure You Fill Your Tank

    Sounds about right.
  11. Diesel Bug - Ensure You Fill Your Tank

    I was a workshop manager out here in Kosovo with over 1000 vehicles in the fleet, mainly Nissan and Toyota 4x4s. We get -25c every winter and i would see this problem countless times every winter when it got below -15c. We fitted inline fuel heaters before the fuel filters, end of problem. For sure that is fuel waxing. The fuel was tested and certified every year and reported to be good down to about -28c, it was then i found out that the filters used on the test machines have a different flow rate than automotive fuel filters. Vehicle filters have a higher micron rating so slows the flow more resulting in the filters freezing up quicker. We would bring frozen cars to the heated workshop and leave them overnight, they always started next day. If you put those filters in a tin and place them in the warm it will melt back to diesel. We also had fuel tested that we had put an anti waxing agent in, it made it worse.
  12. Fishy boat deal – or paranoid buyer? You decide!

    Well they should do but as it is a sellers market right now the broker does not have to try too hard. If i liked the boat i would go see it.
  13. Fishy boat deal – or paranoid buyer? You decide!

    Beta 35 and 38 are both 1.5 4 cylinder diesels. Probably the most common engine on the cut.
  14. Fishy boat deal – or paranoid buyer? You decide!

    Unknown model??? To you or the manufacturer? What make and model is being advertised.
×