Text lifted from elsewhere... 'a short length of canal to be built to join with the River Trent, just above Swarkestone Bridge. This was apparently intended to link with a possible canal and railway to quarries and limeworks at Breedon, on the south side of the river, the route for which Jessop had surveyed during 1787. This small section of canal incorporated three locks between the Trent and Mersey canal and the River Trent. Although this section of canal was disused by about 1820, the earthworks for the canal cut can still be seen in the fields to the south of the towpath'
1st photo shows the entrance to the River Trent lock. Since the locks were abandoned a river bank has appeared between the lock and river.
The last photo is looking at the road bridge beyond the partially infilled lock. The garden swing being above the arch above the infilled channel.