Skip to content

So is being deaf a prerequisite of being a member of the Serbian FA

Featured Replies

Many countries still don't see it as being a problem, and until those in charge see it as racism, then it will continue. :angry:

The Serbian's have a mindset all of their own.

Show how far we have come from the days of Clyde Best and although we have still a way to go we are light years in front of those morons.

 

KIO_Website_Logo.jpg

Hi mate

 

Its football, what do you expect ?

 

Tim

Why? Do you think football and racism go together.

Edited by Rod a mod from Tod

Hi mate

 

Its football, what do you expect ?

 

Tim

 

This is the nub of it.

 

It is expected in some quarters, I understand that.

 

- but I admit to being bloody furious when I heard those 'monkey chants' today followed by the denials of the Serbian FA that nothing of a racist nature occurred.

 

You rarely if ever hear such vile stuff going on in the UK game anymore...the Serbians need to learn a lesson. :angry:

Why? Do you think football and racism go together.

 

Hi

 

Quite simply because it always has and nowts changed. As a bobby in Leeds in the late seventies and early eighties I was unfortunate enough to have to police elland road on many ocasions. The moronic so called supporters in those days used to chant the monkey thing then when the rarity of a black player came on to the ball. And please dont tell me the usual crap that its a " Small minority " :rolleyes: of supporters who tarnish the rest, the noise of the thousands of voices doing it was immense. Though most supporters today are civilised there are still many total morons following the game, generaly they drink lager also.

 

Tim

 

This is the nub of it.

 

It is expected in some quarters, I understand that.

 

- but I admit to being bloody furious when I heard those 'monkey chants' today followed by the denials of the Serbian FA that nothing of a racist nature occurred.

 

You rarely if ever hear such vile stuff going on in the UK game anymore...the Serbians need to learn a lesson. :angry:

 

Hi Martin

 

See my post. I agree its nowt like as bad as it was but the real game is rugby, not girlie football :cheers:

 

Tim

Hi

 

Quite simply because it always has and nowts changed. As a bobby in Leeds in the late seventies and early eighties I was unfortunate enough to have to police elland road on many ocasions. The moronic so called supporters in those days used to chant the monkey thing then when the rarity of a black player came on to the ball. And please dont tell me the usual crap that its a " Small minority " :rolleyes: of supporters who tarnish the rest, the noise of the thousands of voices doing it was immense. Though most supporters today are civilised there are still many total morons following the game, generaly they drink lager also.

 

Tim

 

 

Quite agree that the 70s & 80s were a terrible time for racism on the terraces but imo it isn't now especially in this country. As for the moron statement, that really is a sweeping generalisation.

 

Rod. Who always played Rugby League but supported football strangely.

Just had a couple of pints of lager now worried I'm going to turn into a racist, or does just happen to ex policemen. Seriously everybody I suspect is racist , it's just colour that seems to be the issue which needs to be addressed.

Quite agree that the 70s & 80s were a terrible time for racism on the terraces but imo it isn't now especially in this country. As for the moron statement, that really is a sweeping generalisation.

 

Rod. Who always played Rugby League but supported football strangely.

 

Hi Rod

 

Bloody marvelous, you even played PROPER rugby and not the girlie southern variation :lol: I agree things are not as bad now in football but sorry to say its still a pain in the arse. :cheers:

 

Tim

Hi Rod

 

Bloody marvelous, you even played PROPER rugby and not the girlie southern variation :lol: I agree things are not as bad now in football but sorry to say its still a pain in the arse. :cheers:

 

Tim

 

I reckon even at 58 i could probably still play Union to a decent level. :lol::cheers:

Edited by Rod a mod from Tod

I reckon even at 58 i could probably still play Union to a decent level. :lol::cheers:

 

 

I'm impressed at 58 I can't even drink at he same level any more.....

Hi Martin

 

See my post. I agree its nowt like as bad as it was but the real game is rugby, not girlie football :cheers:

 

Tim

 

So racism is obnoxious but sexism is OK

 

 

So racism is obnoxious but sexism is OK

 

Hi

I am not at all racist. I agree that men and women are equal and in no way different. I am pregnant with my first child and as a male aged 57 I am proud of my achievement :cheers:

 

Tim

Hi

I am not at all racist. I agree that men and women are equal and in no way different. I am pregnant with my first child and as a male aged 57 I am proud of my achievement :cheers:

 

Tim

 

Will you be calling your offspring Wadworth 4X or Black Sheep?

I was watching a film the other night, Blazing Saddles, I was astounded in this day and age to the number of times the "N" word was used in the first ten minutes.

The banning of racist behaviour does not automatically mean that racism has gone away, it just goes underground but that is not a reason for not banning it.

 

The changing of folks behaviour is not a quick and easy, it takes time and effort and folk in different parts of the world are at different stages in the development of their behaviour.

 

Regards

Ditchdabbler

I was watching a film the other night, Blazing Saddles, I was astounded in this day and age to the number of times the "N" word was used in the first ten minutes.

The "N" word?

I didn't realise any word was unutterable

I was watching a film the other night, Blazing Saddles, I was astounded in this day and age to the number of times the "N" word was used in the first ten minutes.

 

Richard Pryor was a co-writer on the script. I don't think the film is racist, just Mel Brooks making the point that something as ridiculous as racism needs to be laughed at. In the same way the Producers wasn't a tribute to the Third Reich.

Richard Pryor was a co-writer on the script. I don't think the film is racist, just Mel Brooks making the point that something as ridiculous as racism needs to be laughed at. In the same way the Producers wasn't a tribute to the Third Reich.

:cheers: I tend to agree.

Richard Pryor was a co-writer on the script. I don't think the film is racist, just Mel Brooks making the point that something as ridiculous as racism needs to be laughed at. In the same way the Producers wasn't a tribute to the Third Reich.

 

Totally agree with you. HOw did the Jews handle Jewish jokes, they write them themselves, the poles, the Irish, many minority groups have been picked on in the past and have learned to take it on the chin and time has sorted it out. Maybe its time black footballers manned up and learned to walk away from insults, instead of crying about every slight against them as racism. I'm getting bored with it all.

Totally agree with you. HOw did the Jews handle Jewish jokes, they write them themselves, the poles, the Irish, many minority groups have been picked on in the past and have learned to take it on the chin and time has sorted it out. Maybe its time black footballers manned up and learned to walk away from insults, instead of crying about every slight against them as racism. I'm getting bored with it all.

 

 

.... says our correspondent with the Afrikaans boat name.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.