Why is this forum becoming a joke !!!

norman18grp

Featured Posts

Right,

Can we have questions please of what criteria one needs to satisfy to join the clique or whether or groups should also be formed here and we can have random war games in the VP whislt discussing the latest g.isolater or b.thruster?

I think it's all down to being 'The Cliques' kind of people... no set acceptable parameters of behaviour, you either click with 'The Clique' or not....

Thanks for the hurrah, but I don't see myself as part of a clique.

Cliques always exclude people which is a kind of elitism.

I live on my boat alone and am very much a lone (she) wolf.

Hurrah for Titania!!! Do you want to join the clique? :)

Thanks for the hurrah, but I don't see myself as part of a clique.

Cliques always exclude people which is a kind of elitism.

I live on my boat alone and am very much a lone (she) wolf.

You are part of the most exclusive kind of clique known, the subset ' Clique of One'... I wish you well, at least you can't argue with yourself (I hope) :)

At least by excluding everybody but me, I offend all or none - there are no individual victims.

You are part of the most exclusive kind of clique known, the subset ' Clique of One'... I wish you well, at least you can't argue with yourself (I hope) :)

Thats not an argument.

An argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

If i argue i must take up a contrary position

There are no cliques on here, the politburo says so

I just sold me boat :)

Oh God........

............anyone want to buy my boat :o

.............and who knows a good flower arranging forum ;)

..............can you still buy cut throat razors or should I take an overdose :D

It took me an hour to catch up from my last post and you are still collectively proving the original poster to be correct

:):wub::lol:

Oh God........

............anyone want to buy my boat :o

.............and who knows a good flower arranging forum ;)

..............can you still buy cut throat razors or should I take an overdose :D

It took me an hour to catch up from my last post and you are still collectively proving the original poster to be correct

:):wub::lol:

Im sorry but i still dont see how any of the above is proving the op correct

I Wonder How many people read topics on this forum and would love to reply ? But are affraid to as a dedicated Few on here think it is there god given right to shoot down peoples opinions and rain on their parade !

I think its about time the moderators on this Forum looked into this practise as I'm sure it puts off the more timid members from joining in on what should be a fun and friendly site !

If you Don't have a valid point to make Keep it to yourself !'

From what ive read it is a couple of folk supporting the op who have been abusive rude and even threatening, Most of the other replies and even some supporting the op have been lighthearted, witty and sincere in their replies

I certainly dont find the forum cliquie (if thats the right spelling) or any other form of 'its our gang so do as we say'

Just normal, crazey folk who have a common interest but dont always share common views

Im sorry but i still dont see how any of the above is proving the op correct

I Wonder How many people read topics on this forum and would love to reply ? But are affraid to as a dedicated Few on here think it is there god given right to shoot down peoples opinions and rain on their parade !

I think its about time the moderators on this Forum looked into this practise as I'm sure it puts off the more timid members from joining in on what should be a fun and friendly site !

If you Don't have a valid point to make Keep it to yourself !'

From what ive read it is a couple of folk supporting the op who have been abusive rude and even threatening, Most of the other replies and even some supporting the op have been lighthearted, witty and sincere in their replies

I certainly dont find the forum cliquie (if thats the right spelling) or any other form of 'its our gang so do as we say'

Just normal, crazey folk who have a common interest but dont always share common views

Clique' ???

Great non-boating useless drivel for masochists. :):wub::lol:

As always. A loudmouthed minority trying to rule the majority. Reminds me of empty barrels and noise ;)

Please, i am truly interested in how you reach that conclusion? Ive only been posting on here since july so im very new and not found that to be the case, Just different people with different views expressing their opinion and the best part being with a good deal of humour thrown in as well

Please, i am truly interested in how you reach that conclusion? Ive only been posting on here since july so im very new and not found that to be the case, Just different people with different views expressing their opinion and the best part being with a good deal of humour thrown in as well

Oh - a quiet one. Only averaged 4 posts a day since joining :):wub:

To those of you that wish to try 'pastures new' good luck but remember the rest of us will still be here.

You will be welcomed back.

Maybe it would be best to remember that 'the grass is always greener on the other side' :wub::)

Edited by bottle

I like a lot of members, have membership of several forums.

CWF is good for technical content because it has a lot of members as it has been running for a lot longer and therefore, I suspect, a greater depth

of technical experience amongst its following.

However, I find the other forums less argumentative/negative and a bit more positive and fresh.

I believe all the canal forums have different strengths and weaknesses - I guess its a bit like deciding whether to watch ITV or BBC !!

P.S my signature link is because that was my first introduction to canal forums and first loves always last the longest :) .

Edited by Titania