Blog site for The Maisibert

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

We are currently having our 60ft N.B. fitted by Heartwood Narrowboats crowned king of the curves in this months Canal Boat magazine and has just been included in a local tv programme to be shown in February 08.

The blog site is below.

www.themaisibert.blogspot.com

Recieved some photo,s from the boat fitter today and I have updated the blog site and Heartwood Narrowboats have updated their website as well.

I have now put the blog site on my profile details and the blog site has a link to Heartwood Narrowboats website.

Regards

Andy

Edited by andy the hammer

Andy

Enjoyed reading your blog, in my opinion you have chose one of the most stylish fitters around today. When you find out can you explain how they make the curved cupboard doors?, I have asked a couple of people but never understood.

Good luck with it

Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy

I like it.

Just a thought and you may totally disregard it :rolleyes: , would it be better if the sink was re-fitted 180°.

My reasoning, somewhere to put the dirty 'crocs' and the 'wiper upper' can stand in the gangway and place the dry 'crocs' on the surface next to the hob.

He makes a valid point.

- But it may just been conditioning, our draining board at home is on the right...

Washing up!!! we are going to use disposable cups and plates.

Seriously we are both right handed and it feels the natural way to go, also at the position of where the doors are laying there is a set of small draws to store herbs and spices and I think this is what commited us to a r/h drainer

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Andy

I like it.

Just a thought and you may totally disregard it :( , would it be better if the sink was re-fitted 180°.

My reasoning, somewhere to put the dirty 'crocs' and the 'wiper upper' can stand in the gangway and place the dry 'crocs' on the surface next to the hob.

Dear Keith

We went to see the boat yesterday and the sink was not fitted, so we tried out your suggestion and it works very well.

Regards

Andy

We have had a visit from Maria and Paul this weekend from Heartwood Narrowboats and they bought some current pictures of The Maisibert, I have posted a couple pictures.107_1190.jpg

This picture shows the bath panel designed and manufactured by Maria and Pauls son Ian107_1179.jpg

I'm not sure who originally bought it up, I think it was Moley but it's been mentioned a few times on here.. but whether it's applicable to you I don't know..

The vast majority of boats should be lower at the stern, and therefore the draining board should be "uphill" of the actual sink. If this is not the case then there's the risk of the draining board not draining properly, or draining onto the worktops instead of into the sink and out into the cut.

I'm not sure who originally bought it up, I think it was Moley but it's been mentioned a few times on here.. but whether it's applicable to you I don't know..

The vast majority of boats should be lower at the stern, and therefore the draining board should be "uphill" of the actual sink. If this is not the case then there's the risk of the draining board not draining properly, or draining onto the worktops instead of into the sink and out into the cut.

It is a good question I will discuss this with the boat fitter on Sunday.

Regards

Andy

I'm not sure who originally bought it up, I think it was Moley but it's been mentioned a few times on here.. but whether it's applicable to you I don't know..The vast majority of boats should be lower at the stern, and therefore the draining board should be "uphill" of the actual sink. If this is not the case then there's the risk of the draining board not draining properly, or draining onto the worktops instead of into the sink and out into the cut.

Dear Liam

Had a word with the boat fitter today and he said yes it could cause a problem but with the boat trimmed properly it should not cause us a problem.

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...