Help save our mooring !

norman18grp

Featured Posts

Bw are planning to evict us from our mooring site at Sawley cut river Trent

We have spoken to our MP David Taylor (Lab) NW Leicestershire, who paid us a visit at our moorings and is giving us his support .

He has asked us to get a petition started to show peoples disapproval of Bw's plans, this we have started at local level with pen and paper .

I have now started an online petition in the hope of receiving an extra amount of support.

If you have an online mooring under Bw this policy effects you Because as new marinas open across the network for every 10 offline births created 1 online moorer will be evicted, so in our case pillings marina has opened on the river Soar with 280 births so Bw are evicting 28 fully paid up moorers in a 30 mile radius ! Bw could have approached this with a voluntary method or natural wastage but No they have taken a confrontational approach.

Why not just go in the marina I here you ask ? well firstly its miles away ! Marinas have a minimum charge on births so small boat owners pay a premium to moor there! Some of the boats at Sawley are residential and Pillings does not have planning permission for them.

As more and more marina developments are planned across the system if you moor online this does effect you !

So lets stop Bw now !!!

Please sign my petition Via this link http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SawleyCutMooring/

Thank you for your support

Simon

Yep I've done, so come on every one else. Even if you dislike online moorings, it is a matter of principle here in the way BW are treating boaters.

Personally, i don't mind passing online moorings; it's interesting looking at the boats and ok so you slow down a bit, but in the overall scheme of things how much does it really add to your journey time. Are you really in that much of a hurry?

Hi I'm new

Been lurking for a while as I'm looking for a boat and a mooring and want to find out as much as poss. before asking the dumb questions. the tim has come.

How come BW are removing residential moorings and replacing them with non-residential marina based ones?

Are they trying deter people living on boats full time (as I wish to do)?

Edited by smyggy

I presume that before beginning this action BW have removed every unlicenced boat and bridge hopper in the same area?

I doubt it, this policy is absolutely guaranteed to increase the numbers of 'bridge hoppers' so those that 'hate' going past moored boats wont be any better off. madness.

BTW. I've signed. Good luck Simon.

How come BW are removing residential moorings and replacing them with non-residential marina based ones?

I doubt very much they are.......They are more likely replacing 'turn-a-blind-eye' non residential moorings for the 'no-way-Jose' type......... :rolleyes:

Edited by Hairy-Neil

yet another example of a sensible idea being perverted by jobsworths. There are areas of the system where excess linear moorings are an issue: the Trent and the Soar are not among them, as evidenced by the fact they are removing moorings in Sawley for a marina south of Loughborough! :rolleyes:

and ANY relocation of moorings should be like for like!

Edited by magpie patrick

signed.

BW seem to have an art in getting things badly wrong. I don't know about you, but where I live people moor up al the time on the cut and we pass dozens of moored boats who live on tow path moorings. I love looking at them, and they wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Isn't it all part of the charm?

good Luck, hope you win.

I'm sure mayalld will be excited about this intitative! As always BW does things opposite to what they say they will. I'm totally against the removal of online moorings, especially in this sordid underhand way that BW is using.

signed.BW seem to have an art in getting things badly wrong. I don't know about you, but where I live people moor up al the time on the cut and we pass dozens of moored boats who live on tow path moorings. I love looking at them, and they wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Isn't it all part of the charm?good Luck, hope you win.

Yes it is part of the charm. Removal of the online moorings is a charter for speedsters. There are actually few people who want online moorings removed but the 'controlling' boater elite as usual get their way. I didnt campaign to have the canals restored, back in the 1970's, to have this sort of rubbish foisted upon us. Its not what we want.

Edited by fender

We have spoken to our MP David Taylor (Lab) NW Leicestershire, who paid us a visit at our moorings and is giving us his support .

He has asked us to get a petition started to show peoples disapproval of Bw's plans, this we have started at local level with pen and paper .

I have now started an online petition in the hope of receiving an extra amount of support.

Please sign my petition Via this link http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SawleyCutMooring/

Simon

Signed, and good luck.

SteveE

I presume that before beginning this action BW have removed every unlicenced boat and bridge hopper in the same area?

No BW don't seem to bother with the unlicenced boats just down the cut from us.

I'm one of the boater affected by this eviction. I live on my boat with my hubby and two daughters, so this eviction will effect our lives dramatically. I have my own print and embroidery business locally, We can't possibley travel over 40 miles to my daughters schools. So we need as much support as we can get because we have no where else to go and I think if bw get away it this time then it will affect other boaters eventually in some way or another.

If you have an online mooring under Bw this policy effects you Because as new marinas open across the network for every 10 offline births created 1 online moorer will be evicted, so in our case pillings marina has opened on the river Soar with 280 births so Bw are evicting 28 fully paid up moorers in a 30 mile radius ! Bw could have approached this with a voluntary method or natural wastage but No they have taken a confrontational approach.

Why not just go in the marina I here you ask ? well firstly its miles away ! Marinas have a minimum charge on births so small boat owners pay a premium to moor there! Some of the boats at Sawley are residential and Pillings does not have planning permission for them.

As more and more marina developments are planned across the system if you moor online this does effect you !

So lets stop Bw now !!!

Hi

Have signed

Cazz

Simon