'Quote This'

Go to solution Solved by RichM,

Featured Posts

Shift 2017

It doesn't seem to happen in every thread

Richard

MORE: It doesn't do it in that thread now either. There's something I'm doing that is causing it

Edited by RLWP

I find that if you select some text in a message, and then hover the cursor over the highlighted text the "Quote this" box comes up. Move the cursor away and click the mouse and it disappears.

I assume its meant to be an easy way of quoting part of a message. But it can appear unexpectedly if you accidentally highlight some text.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

I find that if you select some text in a message, and then hover the cursor over the highlighted text the "Quote this" box comes up. Move the cursor away and click the mouse and it disappears.

I assume its meant to be an easy way of quoting part of a message. But it can appear unexpectedly if you accidentally highlight some text.

Ahh yes, i like it.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Im sure its been like that since the new software was introduced (on my phone anyway) 

6 hours ago, David Mack said:

This. I believe it's been there since we moved to V4.

It works well on some devices but less reliably on others.

Daniel

• Solution

Not sure exactly how long it has been around but as Daniel says, it's likely to be a 4.0 feature in which case probably since early this year. - It's useful if you only want to quote part of a post rather than the post in its entirety.