Looking for beta testers

RichM

Featured Posts

As we look to improve Canal World based on feedback provided to us along with new software releases from Invision & IPSFocus, we are looking for beta testers. If you're interested and wish to be considered, please let me know by responding to this topic and by providing the following information pertaining to what you use along with your level of expertise:

- Desktop/laptop operating system(s): 
- Mobile devices:
- Web browsers installed:
- Level of user expertise using computers/websites:

We're looking for a mix of users and while we do expect people to be computer literate, we're not just looking for experts.

The level of input expected from beta testers will be:

- To test the development website at your own leisure 
- Provide feedback & constructive criticism in a designated forum 
- Beta testers will not be expected to work from or complete testing scripts as they would in a commercial environment. We'd rather take an informal/relaxed approach. After all, it is a Canal forum :)

Please may I also request that this topic be used solely to express interest in beta testing new updates, although questions around beta testing are also welcome.

Thank you

RichM

1 hour ago, RichM said:

As we look to improve Canal World based on feedback provided to us along with new software releases from Invision & IPSFocus, we are looking for beta testers. If you're interested and wish to be considered, please let me know by responding to this topic and by providing the following information pertaining to what you use along with your level of expertise:

- Desktop/laptop operating system(s): 
- Mobile devices:
- Web browsers installed:
- Level of user expertise using computers/websites:

We're looking for a mix of users and while we do expect people to be computer literate, we're not just looking for experts.

The level of input expected from beta testers will be:

- To test the development website at your own leisure 
- Provide feedback & constructive criticism in a designated forum 
- Beta testers will not be expected to work from or complete testing scripts as they would in a commercial environment. We'd rather take an informal/relaxed approach. After all, it is a Canal forum :)

Please may I also request that this topic be used solely to express interest in beta testing new updates, although questions around beta testing are also welcome.

Thank you

RichM

Rich,

I was on the list of beta testers before, and happy to be again.

Work Laptop - Windows 7 + IE11 (company policy - not my choice)

Home laptop - Ancient Windows XP + Firefox

Mobile Samsung Galaxy A3

Reasonably experienced.

On 7/25/2017 at 18:30, David Mack said:

Rich,

I was on the list of beta testers before, and happy to be again.

Work Laptop - Windows 7 + IE11 (company policy - not my choice)

Home laptop - Ancient Windows XP + Firefox

Mobile Samsung Galaxy A3

Reasonably experienced.

Thanks David. I have just checked and can see you're already on the list :)

On 7/25/2017 at 18:35, Robbo said:

I don’t mind beta testing a few things.

iPad / iPhone (usually on latest beta version of iOS)

Windows 10 / Chrome

Linux / Chrome n Firefox

Thanks Robbo. I have added you to the list of beta testers. May I invite you both to take a look at the thread linked here.

I think we have enough testers now, thanks all!