> > > CRT DEATH TRAP FACILITIES < < <

Featured Posts

...i have owned a narrowboat for almost 5 years...

...i have always paid my licence in full & on time...

...along with insurance & boat safety certificate etc etc...

...i have been at my current mooring for just over a year...

...it costs me approximately £2000 per year, JUST for the mooring...

...this facility was build a little over 30 years ago...

...since then NOTHING on site has been upgraded, renewed or even maintained...

...some of the pontoons on the other side of the marina were condemned last year after people had fallen through the rotten timbers & into the water & silt...

...I have spoken to the owners, CRT, about this and other REAL health & safety concerns, however they seem to think that they can lay the blame & dilute responsibility on a third party company that is supposed to maintain the facilty, but never does, or it reality the facilities have gone past the point of being maintained!!

...do any other boat owners have similar problems/experiences with CRT facilities...if so, i'd like to hear about it!! :)

...WE ARE ALL PAYING FOR THIS & CRT SHOULD BE HELD TO ACCOUNT!!

14 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Really?

Is this a CaRT owned and run marina? 

More details needed, otherwise it is a pointless rant.

The mention of a third party company leads me to think these are moorings run by a leaseholder.

Keith

CRT - 1st Party

Black Prince - 2nd Party, they run a hire base from here, they are mainly responsible for there half of the facility, but take mooring & electric fees, the manager is paricularly obnoxious, and only has one primary objective which is to make as much money for himself & Black Prince as possible...

Marine Services, Chirk - 3rd Party - responsible for the maintenance of the "private" moorings/pontoons...

...pointless question really CRT are the primary responsible party for the entire facility...

Yes, take a look at this grim CRT shower block located at Gloucester docks. It's mold infested and missing fixtures. It's a health hazard and I actually felt dirtier after the shower than I did before! 

I reported it to the CRT and they subsequently closed it for months and then reopened it without making any changes what so ever.

Also, the lighting really is that colour. It's not a dodgy camera...

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

I'd also suggest posting some photos. As they say, a picture says a thousand words. 

It's all very well moving to another marina but if something is genuinely unacceptable then something still needs to be done, however optimistic that may sound... 

Can you not fix your own pontoon? It may be irritating but in most fields of life maintenance companies do bugger all unless hounded to death (I suspect they are made up of exsolicitors and estate  agents). Either organise all the moorers to complain, do it yourself or leave. 

• Greenie 1

53 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

CRT - 1st Party

Black Prince - 2nd Party, they run a hire base from here, they are mainly responsible for there half of the facility, but take mooring & electric fees, the manager is paricularly obnoxious, and only has one primary objective which is to make as much money for himself & Black Prince as possible...

Marine Services, Chirk - 3rd Party - responsible for the maintenance of the "private" moorings/pontoons...

...pointless question really CRT are the primary responsible party for the entire facility...

Is this Chirk marina? Unless things have changed it's private

Ladybird Moorings (Was Tom's Moorings) at Market Drayton was pretty bad - silted up so half the pontoons weren't usable. Pontoons themselves rotten and collapsing.  Leaseholder decided not to renew. Came back into direct C&RT control.

Recently totally dredged, pontoons rebuilt, old power and water provisioning ripped out, new smart system put in, damaged canal edge all rebuilt.

So C&RT do do things.

If at Chirk there is a third party maintenance company that C&RT have contracted to do maintenance work, and who are not doing it, then there could be all sorts of legal things going on that C&RT can't tell you about.

Edited by StephenA

39 minutes ago, RichM said:

Yes, take a look at this grim CRT shower block located at Gloucester docks. It's mold infested and missing fixtures. It's a health hazard and I actually felt dirtier after the shower than I did before! 

I reported it to the CRT and they subsequently closed it for months and then reopened it without making any changes what so ever.

The blue lights are sometimes used in 'private cubicles' to deter drug users from injecting in the cubicles as it is hard to find a vein in blue light.  The last thing you want to tread on in a shower is a dirty used needle.................

I'm on an marina mooring that is actually run by CaRT and in general they are pretty responsive. Actual safety issues, like rotting deck boards and the lack of rescue ladders do get fixed, or installed within a reasonable time once notified. Other general repairs and improvements take longer, but do get done.

I'd suggest it is time to move to a new mooring.

Jen

1 hour ago, Martin Megson said:

As it seems they have no plans to improve conditions I would consider moving to another marina.

...moorings arn't exactly easy to come by are they...

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

I'm on an marina mooring that is actually run by CaRT and in general they are pretty responsive. Actual safety issues, like rotting deck boards and the lack of rescue ladders do get fixed, or installed within a reasonable time once notified. Other general repairs and improvements take longer, but do get done.

I'd suggest it is time to move to a new mooring.

Jen

8 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

Depends on what you are looking for.. . and at what price....

Edited by StephenA

1 hour ago, StephenA said:

Ladybird Moorings (Was Tom's Moorings) at Market Drayton was pretty bad - silted up so half the pontoons weren't usable. Pontoons themselves rotten and collapsing.  Leaseholder decided not to renew. Came back into direct C&RT control.

Recently totally dredged, pontoons rebuilt, old power and water provisioning ripped out, new smart system put in, damaged canal edge all rebuilt.

So C&RT do do things.

If at Chirk there is a third party maintenance company that C&RT have contracted to do maintenance work, and who are not doing it, then there could be all sorts of legal things going on that C&RT can't tell you about.

...the moorings are BEYOND maintaining...instead of replacing the DEATH TRAP facilities, CRT would sooner spend the monies generated from moorings, licenses & boat safety certificates on useless entities such as Richard Parry & his fellating cronies!!

4 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

So what do you want? You can unload here, which is theraputic and understandable, but doesn't get you anywhere much. You could find out who is actually responsible for the falling to bits facilities and get on to them and/or at the the same time start looking for somewhere new to moor the boat.

2 hours ago, RichM said:

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

That's anti-druggie lighting.

2 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

...the moorings are BEYOND maintaining...instead of replacing the DEATH TRAP facilities, CRT would sooner spend the monies generated from moorings, licenses & boat safety certificates on useless entities such as Richard Parry & his fellating cronies!!

Chirk isn't CRT

6 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

...the moorings are BEYOND maintaining...instead of replacing the DEATH TRAP facilities, CRT would sooner spend the monies generated from moorings, licenses & boat safety certificates on useless entities such as Richard Parry..........

Over half the jetties at Tom's were fenced off, some had no decking, ours had two broken boards and two of the steel mooring Ts had snapped off ( a combination of poor welding and the race track that is the Shroppie). It was far from safe but its now pretty good with 1 water tap per jetty, much better lighting and the new Smart Electricity system C&RT are moving to. It must have cost a LOT of money to do all the work they've done there....

https://www.watersidemooring.com/647-ladybird-linear-mooring-l1

If anyone is wondering

Edited by StephenA

1 minute ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

So what do you want? You can unload here, which is theraputic and understandable, but doesn't get you anywhere much. You could find out who is actually responsible for the falling to bits facilities and get on to them and/or at the the same time start looking for somewhere new to moor the boat.

...unfortunately, if i "complain" about they facilities i will be asked to leave, the same goes for the other moorers here...i don't want to move, why should i, i've paid all my fees...the location is good for me, just not the DEATH TRAP FACILITIES...

2 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

...unfortunately, if i "complain" about they facilities i will be asked to leave, the same goes for the other moorers here...i don't want to move, why should i, i've paid all my fees...the location is good for me, just not the DEATH TRAP FACILITIES...

So if they are a death trap then they fail to meet Health and Safety regulations so why not report them?

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Can you not fix your own pontoon? It may be irritating but in most fields of life maintenance companies do bugger all unless hounded to death (I suspect they are made up of exsolicitors and estate  agents). Either organise all the moorers to complain, do it yourself or leave. 

...the pontoons are BEYOND repair...additionally, why should i have to repair something that doesn't belong to me & that i pay fees for to be maintained/replaced, if i or the other moorers complain we will be asked to leave...why should i leave, i've already invested over £2000 in the place by way of mooring fees...

Just now, StephenA said:

So if they are a death trap then they fail to meet Health and Safety regulations so why not report them?

...because if i do, i will be asked to leave, & moorings, like on the rest of the canal system, are very hard to come by...

3 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

...because if i do, i will be asked to leave, & moorings, like on the rest of the canal system, are very hard to come by...

Reporting to the H&SE can be anonymous ... for the very reason you've stated.

Edited by StephenA