Boat builders

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, Constance said:

I do mean comments on Collingwood boats not the owners

If you titled your thread something like "Comments on Collingwood Boats, please" yoy might get more answers, I can't help thinking.

Meaningful thread titles seems to have a lot of influence on what people open, and what they just ignore.

(OK, I'll admit I opened this one!).

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

This is like a DIY thread kit. Do we have all the parts now? ;)

No, we haven't mentioned batteries yet. Every good thread has to have an argument and what better way to start one?

Sub-contacting is not a rarity in the boating world, just as in the motoring world (our "Japanese" Suzuki car was built in Hungary and has an Italian engine); items actually manufactured by somebody else, to Collingwood's specifications, can be fairly sold as Collingwood's.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Sub-contacting is not a rarity in the boating world, just as in the motoring world (our "Japanese" Suzuki car was built in Hungary and has an Italian engine); items actually manufactured by somebody else, to Collingwood's specifications, can be fairly sold as Collingwood's.

Indeed, but it means that 'what's a Collingwood boat like?" doesn't have an answer. It depends who built it. 

Maybe.