Battery help

Badger

Featured Posts

Hi, I have 3 sealed batteries on my boat which have been very good and coming up to seven years old. They have not had heavy use, and it is sometimes several weeks before we return to the boat and plug in the landline to charge them. On our present trip on the Nene they are struggling to keep the fridge running overnight. In the morning they are down around 11.5 volts. The batteries are marked Exrider DC31 MF Does anyone know of a good supplier of an equivalent battery ?.Or maybe in the past seven years things have moved on and there is something better out there ?. We do not use loads of power, just a small 300w inverter for a TV sometimes in the evening...the main power going to run the fridge as ever. Any suggestions much appreciated. I wonder if there is a supplier out there who may rendezvous with me to deliver new batteries ?. 

Badger

Try ABS battery supplies look on line for web page Just Had Two 113a @£100 Deliverd to a local harvester resturant.  However be advised they do use the crap company yodel Who lost one parcel.

23 minutes ago, Badger said:

Hi, I have 3 sealed batteries on my boat which have been very good and coming up to seven years old. They have not had heavy use, and it is sometimes several weeks before we return to the boat and plug in the landline to charge them. On our present trip on the Nene they are struggling to keep the fridge running overnight. In the morning they are down around 11.5 volts. The batteries are marked Exrider DC31 MF Does anyone know of a good supplier of an equivalent battery ?.Or maybe in the past seven years things have moved on and there is something better out there ?. We do not use loads of power, just a small 300w inverter for a TV sometimes in the evening...the main power going to run the fridge as ever. Any suggestions much appreciated. I wonder if there is a supplier out there who may rendezvous with me to deliver new batteries ?. 

Badger

Therein lies your problem - three months (and that may be too long to leave them) is the maximum that I'd leave a battery standing - and that only if it was fully charged to start with.

Mebe worth considering a small 'intelligent' battery charger - the sort that Aldi have on sale from time to time?

4 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Therein lies your problem...

Problem?  He got 7 years out of them! 

Tayna batteries. Most folk swear by them on price and choice, plus they'll deliver to you on a given day. Check out their website (see Mr Rusty's link above).

Edited by Sea Dog
Link info.
  • Happy 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Problem?  He got 7 years out of them! 

Tayna batteries. Most folk swear by them on price and choice, plus they'll deliver to you on a given day. Check out their website.

OK - but he may have TEN years out of them....

20 minutes ago, mross said:

Remember, your contract is with the shop, not the delivery company.  Don't be fobbed off if they say otherwise!

Trouble is that Yodel are the only outfit that will deliver batteries - so I was told.

12 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Trouble is that Yodel are the only outfit that will deliver batteries - so I was told.

Although not necessarily to the right place....! :D

Iirc, Tayna sent my batteries by Tufnells last summer.

1 hour ago, mross said:

Remember, your contract is with the shop, not the delivery company.  Don't be fobbed off if they say otherwise!

Was not the suppliers fault, two boxes were collected at the same time on one it said ONE of TWO the other said TWO of TWO. Also delivery to the same person and address Very clear for most intelligent folk but not yodel. They sent one of them across county arriving three days later.

6 minutes ago, oats said:

Was not the suppliers fault, two boxes were collected at the same time on one it said ONE of TWO the other said TWO of TWO. Also delivery to the same person and address Very clear for most intelligent folk but not yodel. They sent one of them across county arriving three days later.

I'm still waiting for my delivery of seven of nine.:)

Edited by rusty69

Batterymegastore will deliver so long as you have a UK address and post code. Got my Trojan T105s from them, they seem to be doing 2 x 105s for £272 making them cheaper to buy that way than buying 4 (£553) or 8 (£1114) so buy multiples of 2. When I got mine there was no delivery charge.

Thank you all for your thoughts. Will try and get through this trip cutting down our power consumption. I know that leaving the boat unused and not fully charged/charging is not ideal. But i think getting seven years plus out of this et of batteries is pretty good. One day perhaps I will get around to looking at a solar panel maybe. After seventeen years working this way we have not done to badly. Thank you all again.

Badger....somewhere on the Nene.