Mobile chat bubble

BWM
Go to solution Solved by RichM,

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Not on the mobile version there isn't. There seems to be one on the desktop. 

ETA changed the theme back to legacy and it's gone. For now... 

Thanks have now switched to legacy which has done the trick. 

Also noticed screen and response  seems faster in legacy so double bonus. 

52 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Not on the mobile version there isn't. There seems to be one on the desktop. 

ETA changed the theme back to legacy and it's gone. For now... 

I regularly use my iPhone. I can't find a Legacy setting. Are you able to help with where I might find it? Many thanks. 

9 minutes ago, MHS said:

I regularly use my iPhone. I can't find a Legacy setting. Are you able to help with where I might find it? Many thanks. 

Scroll right to the bottom and look on the left. There's a drop-down called 'Themes'. 

Sorry, 'Theme'

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Gordias said:

Simulates chatting on a mobile phone, but within the browser session.  Something for the youngsters who use chat apps a lot I suppose.

I just sent you a chat but no reply - does this mean you've never used a phone chatt app? :)

What the hell is a " phone chat app " ? not somett else for 12 year olds like Farcebook and Twatter is it :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Scroll right to the bottom and look on the left. There's a drop-down called 'Themes'. 

Sorry, 'Theme'

Well that was easy, thank you. The website now looks better too. 

31 minutes ago, DHutch said:

I will agree it's a bit annoying. Which is a shame because we researched as much as we could and went with the best we could find, including a reasonable upfront cost.

I prefer everything about the 2017 theme except the chat thing - if there was some way to banish it on the mobile version it would be perfect! 

10 minutes ago, BlueStringPudding said:

It'd be alright if it was smaller. 

I have a repertoire of two jokes. One is a response to customers saying "hey, looking good!" about my work; which is along the lines of me stroking my chin and replying, "oh. Thanks. What do you think of the work?". The other is the response, "that's what all the girls say" to seemingly innocent statements. One of these sprang to mind when I read your post.

Just tested this on a iPhone 7 using Safari. It's not doing it for me. 

Evidently there is an issue as it's happening to more than one person. I'd suggest clearing the browser cache first of all. Might seem a bit of a cliche response but I've recently made changes to the appearance of the chat bar and this could potentially cause issues if it's cached. To clear the cache on a iOS device, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data and then clear the data held for CWDF by clicking "Edit". Don't be surprised if you need to re-hide the chat bubble again but hopefully it will go away after doing that. 

RichM

22 hours ago, stegra said:

I have a repertoire of two jokes. One is a response to customers saying "hey, looking good!" about my work; which is along the lines of me stroking my chin and replying, "oh. Thanks. What do you think of the work?". The other is the response, "that's what all the girls say" to seemingly innocent statements. One of these sprang to mind when I read your post.

F-nah f-nah! :D 

Eventually the penny will drop with all the young web developers that improving security does not require a total re-write of the user interface everyone has got to know and love. 

But by the time this happens, they will be old gits too, moaning about unnecessary 'improvements' to the user interface. And the new younsters will be rolling their eyes at the stupid old gits who moan about having to learn it all again from the ground up for the 'n'th time.

And so the cycle repeats.

On 21/07/2017 at 20:56, WotEver said:

Sorry, 'Theme'

It's gone on mine too. Well done.

note sure abt the theme though. Preferred the 2017 one.....but then I am new!!!!

I changed theme and it went for a while, then returned. 

I then went to the settings spanner after clicking the bubble and amended settings and it went for a while and then returned. 

I'm now going to change theme and click settings etc to see if that works. If not I will wait and hope for a fix .