Assorted stainless steel washers at Lidl

gbclive

Featured Posts

It's kind of surprising that if these are genuinely stainless, (a major selling point I would have thought), I can't see anything in the offer that says this.

I would have assumed they are not - does the packaging say otherwise.

6 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

It's kind of surprising that if these are genuinely stainless, (a major selling point I would have thought), I can't see anything in the offer that says this.

Looks like washers are ss and nuts are half ss and other half plated. Hooks are ss I think. 

3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I think you are missing the point; with respect.

Next time you need an assorted nut/washer for a bodge or repair to get you home I don't think you would find one in your toolbag kit but toss your "it's not stainless" version in the canal as unnaceptable.  ;)

Unless of course the secret "Hudson envy" in you is appearing.

Edited by mark99

56 minutes ago, mark99 said:

I think you are missing the point; with respect.

Next time you need an assorted nut/washer for a bodge or repair to get you home I don't think you would find one in your toolbag kit but toss your "it's not stainless" version in the canal as unnaceptable.  ;)

Unless of course the secret "Hudson envy" in you is appearing.

No not missing the point at all......

You can go into Wilkos and make up your own mix of assorted steel washers in a large tub for not a lot of money at all.

I can't remember how much, but unlike these pre-packed boxes that actually don't contain that much hardware, and tend to not have enough of sizes you may use, and too many of those you don't. you can choose your own mix - a few of those, a lot of those, etc.  You can mix nuts, bolts, washers anything else they have in the bins.

If these are genuinely stainless its a good deal, but for bog standard steel washers it's nowt special.

Wilko prices.

http://www.wilko.com/diy-hardware/nuts-bolts+washers/icat/nuts-and-bolts

I bought and carry a box of copper washers, dowty washers, jubillee clips, gaskets, seals, o rings etc etc and a mixed tin of screws/bolts/steel washers self tappers etc. Never seens anything as cheap as those Lidl.

Edited by mark99

5 hours ago, gbclive said:

The label says Stainless Steel.

I've placed one in a cup of water - will report back ;)

Leave one on our sink drainer-I generally find there is no quicker way of being told if something rusts, (though I'm always unpopular when something does!).