CaRT wharf at Fazeley

frahkn

Featured Posts

This is probably not news but a quick search didn't reveal it.

The Cart offices in Fazeley have closed (in March) and now (at least since Easter) the rubbish disposal facility has been withdrawn.

The Elsan and water is still available but I wonder if they will survive new tenants in the office building.

Frank.

On 7/5/2017 at 13:44, Laurie.Booth said:

Boaters are still dumping their rubbish there. :(

Yes, by the elsan. To be honest, if the alley wasn't fenced off there would be much more.

I can't recall any before Cambrian wharf on the route into Birmingham.

Edited by frahkn

1 hour ago, Dave Payne said:

Bodymoor heath, marston lane bridge, minworth i think?

I think that one, if its the one I am thinking of on the off side of the lock closed over a couple of years ago as CRT couldn't get access to it

14 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I think that one, if its the one I am thinking of on the off side of the lock closed over a couple of years ago as CRT couldn't get access to it

Yes, the elsan doors were screwed closed when we visited in June, and no sign of bins (although the signage directs you to where they were).  The Cincinatti works grounds are being redeveloped and that may have affected access.  Water still available though.

The previous opportunity based on our route was the top of Camp Hill locks (although access was hampered by moored boats).

Edited by peter n

1 hour ago, peter n said:

Yes, the elsan doors were screwed closed when we visited in June, and no sign of bins (although the signage directs you to where they were).  The Cincinatti works grounds are being redeveloped and that may have affected access.  Water still available though.

The previous opportunity based on our route was the top of Camp Hill locks (although access was hampered by moored boats).

It was well prior to the Cintinatti works starting. there was a gate on the far side of the lock, but it butted up to private property, not a road. I contacted CRT at the time when the bin was overflowing, but they couldn't get it out. Don't know what they did in the end, may be floated it away.;)