It all started with a post, the making of a skylight

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Mike Jordan said:

If you now spend a cold winter on board, you may feel differently after the condensation nightmare.

You mean feel, like, "wet"?

I just put a mat on the floor under mine to catch the odd drip. 

On 29/08/2022 at 07:56, Mike Jordan said:

If you now spend a cold winter on board, you may feel differently after the condensation nightmare.

Mine has two pieces of translucent plastic, like florescent tube diffusers below. No drips and easy removed in summer.

Screenshot_20220716-170422.png

• 9 months later...
On 28/08/2022 at 21:49, Freya said:

Been a while but for what it’s worth, we got an off the shelf marine hatch (lewmar low profile deck hatch) in the end…not as pretty but opens and was about 10x cheaper. Can recommend Jim in Redhill Marina for the work. 

Wouldn't bother with Jim Moore  - 5 times tried to get him to do some work.  5 Times failed to turn up.  He's known on site as Jim Moor or less.  I wouldn't have an issue if he messaged but radio silence. As my boat needs work doing I have to get it to a BSC standard to get back in the water. He is the reason the project isn't moving forward.  I want to use the local guys as it makes commercial sense but just not interested.
He's done some small welding that I keep messaging to pay him for but he is not interested in that either.  I would have less of an issue with him if I had ignored request for payment but he is the Scarlett Pimpernel !