Naughty-Cal Takes The High Road

Featured Posts

We had a brilliant run. Tony Tugboat made us feel very comfortable and made sure we were happy not only on the way up but also as the boat was being relaunched.

Excellent service and thoroughly recommended by both of us.

It hasn't felt as though we have been in the car as long as we were.

13 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

That first pic looks as if Naughty Cal has sprouted a wheel in the centre of its keel! 

So it does :D

The launch was the one bit I wasn't so keen on. Didn't like it dangling mid air!

FB_IMG_1499407787636.jpg

Had a lovely days shore leave in Inverness.  What a lovely friendly city. 

Slight hiccup when As a cancelled their home shopping order last minute. But actually they did us a favour as we found a cracking butchers and ship in town cheaper than Asda including the taxi back.

Onwards and upwards tomorrow and into the Caledonian. 

20170707_121118.jpg

20170707_122109.jpg

11 hours ago, Peter Reed said:

Great photos, ta muchly. Have a great adventure.

This place just lends itself to great photos. And it only gets better from here!

Onto the Caledonian Canal later today.

For those of you with Facebook accounts. A little video from yesterday's little run out .

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1557483100970992&id=100001279506755

I would keep quiet about the licence :-). There used to be a reciprocal agreement between SC and CRT but I understood that it had been discontinued.  The last time we took Gamebird down south we should have bought a CRT licence :-) 

Haggis 

5 minutes ago, haggis said:

I would keep quiet about the licence :-). There used to be a reciprocal agreement between SC and CRT but I understood that it had been discontinued.  The last time we took Gamebird down south we should have bought a CRT licence :-) 

Haggis 

We have all of the paperwork from the lockie and a visitors licence here if anyone decides to question it!

• Greenie 1

I've sailed dinghies camping on the banks at night in a tent on both the Norfolk Broads and down the whole of the upper and tidal Thames through to Barking creek in a Mirror dinghy with no licence at all for either. I did have to bribe about three lock keepers on the upper Thames with a can of beer each to keep stum and let me through though.

52 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I've sailed dinghies camping on the banks at night in a tent on both the Norfolk Broads and down the whole of the upper and tidal Thames through to Barking creek in a Mirror dinghy with no licence at all for either. I did have to bribe about three lock keepers on the upper Thames with a can of beer each to keep stum and let me through though.

We have plenty of bribes onboard:D

Had the first disappointment of the trip. After having many glowing reports of the Clachnaharry Inn we have headed there only to find it the most unfriendly and actually quite rude pub we have found this far. 

We walked in and made our way to the bar. At which point the bar lady carried on talking to her friends and playing on her phone for a good five minutes. 

A shame as we were looking forward to a good few drinks in there tonight. Instead we have had one and come back to the boat instead.  

We will save our beer tokens and spend them in the Dores Inn tomorrow instead.