Naughty-Cal Takes The High Road

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, haggis said:

Iain tows Gamebird with his LWB land-rover. She is a 26 foot sea Otter and weights just under 3 tons 

She was towed recently by a Discovery which seemed to tow her even better 

Haggis 

7 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

3500kg including the trailer.

As I said we are going to be close to the limit as he uses a heavy duty trailer.

Just want to get there now. Only one more day at work :)

I tried to quote Haggis as above as there boat is 3000kg and so the trailer must be < 500kg . 

One more day waaayyyaaaaaa, and the good weather is on its away again, finger crossed but dont take it all with you, leave a bit here for this weekend a si got work to do :) 

15 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Of course you are allowed in!

We usually moor through the Glory Hole, outside the Waterside Centre. It is busy during the day with people shopping but really very quiet at night as there is little reason for people to be down there. There are gates locked with a standard CRT key in the railings.

Here's  a photo. We are buying some ice creams. Railings on the left.

dscf55571.jpg

16 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Of course you are allowed in!

We usually moor through the Glory Hole, outside the Waterside Centre. It is busy during the day with people shopping but really very quiet at night as there is little reason for people to be down there. There are gates locked with a standard CRT key in the railings.

Just on the right in this photo is i think where you mean.P1020543.JPG.fad8481997d1326c2c966d431d06d731.JPG

2 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

Here's  a photo. We are buying some ice creams. Railings on the left.

dscf55571.jpg

We are the other side of that foot bridge just past the pub right now, moving on shortly.  The road beyond is noisy now, but very quiet overnight.  Was a bit put off by the fact that there are no other boats here, exept the cafe boat in this picture, but then again when we have been on the boat no one has gone past, so there are few moving boats here at the moment anyway.

Just now, john6767 said:

We are the other side of that foot bridge just past the pub right now, moving on shortly.  The road beyond is noisy now, but very quiet overnight.  Was a bit put off by the fact that there are no other boats here, exept the cafe boat in this picture, but then again when we have been on the boat no one has gone past, so there are few moving boats here at the moment anyway.

The Fossdyke and Witham are very quiet during the week. The Fossdyke gets busier Friday to Sunday. The Witham tends to stay quiet as a lot of the local boats can't get through the Lincoln Bridges.

1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

The Fossdyke and Witham are very quiet during the week. The Fossdyke gets busier Friday to Sunday. The Witham tends to stay quiet as a lot of the local boats can't get through the Lincoln Bridges.

We were thinking exactly the same, thanks for confirming.

On 7/4/2017 at 10:28, Naughty Cal said:

How nice a ride will depend on what vehicle he turns up in. 

We hope it will be the Dodge Ram but he is waiting for parts for that. If not it will be the Land Cruiser or Land rover.

I might walk if it's the Land Rover :D

Im with you on that one, if its a Land Rover I would be catching a train or somett and meeting it when/if it gets there.

20 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Over the border.

20170706_090703.jpg

Jolly good. It's a bit rainy on the east coast this morning, but it should be bright by the time you get there, and looking reasonable for the next few days.

Just on the A9, after Perth there are average speed cameras on the single carriageway bits but not the dual carriageway bits. It is BELIEVED that the average cameras don't consider the speed on the dualled bits. There is some doubt about whether the cameras know that you have a trailer (and therefore -10mph on the speed limit) or not. Personally I wouldn't take the risk. But since the lorries trundle along at 50 on the single carriageway bits you'll probably end up doing that anyway.

Oh and just in case it's relevant, there is currently no fuel in Aviemore (garage being rebuilt) so it would be Newtonmore or Carrbridge.

Edited by nicknorman

5 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Just on the A9, after Perth there are average speed cameras on the single carriageway bits but not the dual carriageway bits. It is BELIEVED that the average cameras don't consider the speed on the dualled bits.

A couple of years ago I followed a police vehicle (not too closely) at exactly 10mph over the speed limits all the way from Carrbridge to Newtonmore. He didn't seem too bothered!

31 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

A couple of years ago I followed a police vehicle (not too closely) at exactly 10mph over the speed limits all the way from Carrbridge to Newtonmore. He didn't seem too bothered!

Yea but don't forget your speedo probably over-reads by 5-10%, and you are allowed some margin over the limit, typically 10%+2 depending on the force. Not sure what is allowed by those particular average cameras.

36 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I have found our car speedo always over reads,compared to a gps unit,maybe its just our crappy car.

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Not sure what is allowed by those particular average cameras.

Quite a bit, I would think, or they'd create an awful lot of data besides the serious offenders they really want. 

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

don't forget your speedo probably over-reads by 5-10%

But your GPS doesn't!