Naughty-Cal Takes The High Road

Featured Posts

Naughty-Cal is now sat ready and waiting for us to finish work on Wednesday evening.

20170703_060232.jpg

20170703_060215.jpg

It will be an early start on Thursday morning. We are being picked up at 3.30am but this should see us in Inverness in plenty of time to get lifted off the trailer and put back into the water before the yard shuts for the evening.

Now all we need to do is pray for some decent weather.

Edited by Naughty Cal

This last week the weather has been atrocious up here (Spey valley, next valley south of the Great Glen). So it can only get better. Prey for some wind (to keep the midges away) and don't sink, Loch Ness is over 1000' deep so even I couldn't wade out!

11 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We will try to keep this post updated when we have internet reception or Wi-Fi!

Here in the Spey valley 3G is quite reasonable so I'd imagine it will be OK on the Caledonian as the A82 trunk road is alongside some of the way, you've got the bustling metropolis of Fort Augustus etc!

We're jealous Rachel.  You'll love it.

Just one point, we bought a trailable boat so we could explore all sorts of waterways.  Our first trailered trip was to Norfolk for a six months stay - we ended up there for 17 years and never did get to other waterways..

At long last Rach :)

After all the rpep work and clean up you have done on NC its well deserved for a good break for you both.

Hope weather is good for you ;)

• Greenie 1

How nice a ride will depend on what vehicle he turns up in. 

We hope it will be the Dodge Ram but he is waiting for parts for that. If not it will be the Land Cruiser or Land rover.

I might walk if it's the Land Rover :D

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Surprised that you can tow your boat with a Land Rover, what does it weigh?

It is close to the limit. 2400kg dry weight. More with our gear on. 

We are loading some heavy stuff like the dinghy and outboard and bags etc. Into the car and will be emptying the tanks of course.

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

We are loading some heavy stuff like the dinghy and outboard and bags etc. Into the car and will be emptying the tanks of course.

Thanks, and look where we just passed!

IMG_2370.JPG

1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

You should have called in for a beer and a bite to eat at Harbour Lights. 

Are we allowed in? 

And while I have your attention what is the  best place to moor overnight in Lincoln?

6 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Are we allowed in? 

And while I have your attention what is the  best place to moor overnight in Lincoln?

Of course you are allowed in!

We usually moor through the Glory Hole, outside the Waterside Centre. It is busy during the day with people shopping but really very quiet at night as there is little reason for people to be down there. There are gates locked with a standard CRT key in the railings.

4 hours ago, john6767 said:

Surprised that you can tow your boat with a Land Rover, what does it weigh?

Iain tows Gamebird with his LWB land-rover. She is a 26 foot sea Otter and weights just under 3 tons 

She was towed recently by a Discovery which seemed to tow her even better 

Haggis 

6 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Land Road safety can tow 3500kg or 4000kg if they have had the air brake conversion on the road.

Off a public road I have seen a Land Rover tow a 10 tonne trailer. 

4 hours ago, haggis said:

Iain tows Gamebird with his LWB land-rover. She is a 26 foot sea Otter and weights just under 3 tons 

She was towed recently by a Discovery which seemed to tow her even better 

Haggis 

Must be a light trailer as isnt the tow limit 3500kg ? or is that 3 ton boat and trailer ?

9 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

How nice a ride will depend on what vehicle he turns up in. 

We hope it will be the Dodge Ram but he is waiting for parts for that. If not it will be the Land Cruiser or Land rover.

I might walk if it's the Land Rover :D

I would aswell, be quicker :) lol

20 minutes ago, W+T said:

Must be a light trailer as isnt the tow limit 3500kg ? or is that 3 ton boat and trailer ?

I would aswell, be quicker :) lol

3500kg including the trailer.

As I said we are going to be close to the limit as he uses a heavy duty trailer.

Just want to get there now. Only one more day at work :)