In your Personal Opinion.....!? Brokers!?

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I gave my age away last week in the Doctor Who thread, saying my Doctor was Matt Smith:)

Ah I missed that! But back to Mr G T, I take it no news? 

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

I gave my age away last week in the Doctor Who thread, saying my Doctor was Matt Smith:)

Who?

William Hartnell was my favourite Doctor. I remember one episode where he lit his pipe with a match and the prehistoric men around him were quite taken with the man who makes fire with his fingers. Imagine that today, a kids programme with the lead actor lighting up. 

Ha! Found a bit of it:

9 hours ago, WotEver said:

Who?

William Hartnell was my favourite Doctor. I remember one episode where he lit his pipe with a match and the prehistoric men around him were quite taken with the man who makes fire with his fingers. Imagine that today, a kids programme with the lead actor lighting up. 

Ha! Found a bit of it:

We have materialised on the wrong thread, due to inter-dimensional somethingorother. 

Edited by rusty69

11 hours ago, WotEver said:

Who?

Ha! Found a bit of it:

Mine too. Each regeneration he got progressively worse, with Sylvester McCoy being the worst.

Things improved with Christopher Eccleston and since then the cycle has repeated. 

I am flabbergastered that so many CWFers still take an interest in what was originally a children's programme. Does it now appeal to adults too? It must be 40 + years since I watched it. 

9 minutes ago, Athy said:

I am flabbergastered that so many CWFers still take an interest in what was originally a children's programme. Does it now appeal to adults too? It must be 40 + years since I watched it. 

It does indeed, Him indoors loves it.  I must admit I have't watched it recently, but I am starting to watch the new incarnations again.  I was half way through series one of Christopher Eccleston when Virgin Media started buggering about with my internet.  Roll on August 24th when I will be rid of them for ever!

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I never liked it when it started, and from the few excerpts I have viewed in susequent years my opinion of the series has not improved.

What has flabergasted me about the series is the amount of importance the BBC and the Radio Times seem to invest in something which, to me, seems an unbelievably silly and far fetched drama.