Chatbox

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, carlt said:

I've blanked it out using AdBlock Plus but I had to do it one "panel" at a time.

I think it took about 5 "block an element" stages.

Really? What a faff.  Surely if it's possible to 'ignore' a member or something like the VP (I do neither), it should be possible to choose whether or not to enter the chatbox, which appears to have been foisted on me, 

RichM, where are you?

Hey, it's disappeared!  Is it a coincidence that RichM was online at the same time as me?

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 23:06, RichM said:

I have removed it from displaying at the bottom of topics. The Chatbox is only temporary and will be replaced soon.

Cheers

RichM

And it's back again!  Please, what's going on here?  Presumably this is the equivalent of the old chatroom, which I could choose to enter or not (and didn't), just like I can choose to enter a topic or not.  In fact, I can't quite see the difference, so why is it being foisted on us?

On 6/29/2017 at 11:14, Mac of Cygnet said:

And it's back again!  Please, what's going on here?  Presumably this is the equivalent of the old chatroom, which I could choose to enter or not (and didn't), just like I can choose to enter a topic or not.  In fact, I can't quite see the difference, so why is it being foisted on us?

Sorry but it's definitely not showing at the bottom of topics for me. It is only visible on the main homepage and at the very bottom of VNC. The idea is to allow people to engage in the chat while viewing new content at the same time. 

When we can launch the new chat system I will get rid of the Chatbox altogether. I will speak to Daniel and see if we can prioritise the new chat over other projects. 

RichM