New walls

Featured Posts

So i have ripped down my walls after a cold winter. Now that i have i realised why i was so cold. So many huge gaps with no insulation. Holes on the hull that used to be for draining out grey water but never filled in. So the mission is to re insulate, fill gaps and put new walls on ( i destroyed some of the cladding so gonna just replace the whole thing and make it more modern)

so my questions are

1) whats the easiest way to fill the skin holes?

2) whats the best material to put on the bottom part of the walls? Ply, mdf, Laminate?

Thanks in advance

Best way to fill unwanted skin fitting holes is to weld in a little circle of steel. A bodge would be to glue a patch on with Marineflex. 

Walls are usually ply. Veneered if you can afford it (and want the look). Or just plain old 12mm ply with carpet stuck on would work below gunwales. 

39 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

What did you expect ?

A boats name is often related to some feature or quirk of its personality

Haha, yeah def better in the Summer. But those huge gaps with no insulation is just weird and avoidable. This winter is goimg to be much better :)