Boat turning jig ?

W+T

Featured Posts

Has anybody made one ?

I need to repair sheath the below water line on my 20 foot cruiser and this will make the work so much easier to do.

It may not happen and i have never even looked into one for a boat before. Would make a good project in itself though.

Main question now are as it is near fitted out and weighs at a guess 1200kg will the transom and bow which are in good solid condition as i have rebuilt them be strong enough ? 

It only be turned 90 degrees either way.

Any thoughts or ideas but for me being even more barmy :)

cheers

Wayne :)

2 minutes ago, BEngo said:

C&RT have one at Bradley.  It will take a full size boat. 

Not sure it is in working order though- Lawrence H  may be along to tell us more.

N

A full size boat like a 75 foot MFV ? 

lol just kiding. 

It is only a small boat i need it for and i need it here at home so i will be making my own.

7 hours ago, X Alan W said:

Some of the moulds for laying up GRP boats can be swiveled /tilted not looked into the "if's & but's" of how this is achieved.

I have a dinghy mould with a built in frame/jig to sit on end frames, but then thats only 10 foot. 

I have seen them before in many places for moulds but its a different matter fro a near complete boat.

Anyway i have designed a good one that `should ` support the boat with out damaging the Bow, transom i have no worries on. 

I still have to do a bit more blasting yet and if it gets any worse a sin need of work then i may well build the jig for it.

23 hours ago, BEngo said:

C&RT have one at Bradley.  It will take a full size boat. 

Not sure it is in working order though- Lawrence H  may be along to tell us more.

N

The Bradley Jig in 1982:

23992461500_435b7883dc_o.jpg

Edited by Tim Lewis

Somebody gave me this idea last nihgt.

the cradles i made here

tn_20170514_151348.jpg

Remove the the pads and fit boat trailer rollers and then get two 75mm box formed rings and join then in four places with cross supports. Then support the boat similar i guess to the your in your link.

If i do this i may well look into this way a bit more, still finding the center of gravity so i would need to  make the boat supports adjustable a little or it will be a pain cutting out and replace them.