Nestle Factory Hayes

mark99

Featured Posts

Known as Hayes Cocoa to the working boatmen. It was a very popular run for the boatmen because they usually got a backload for the return journey (ie: they got paid for both the journey there and the journey back) because the processed husks of the cocoa were exported. 

I was born and lived the first 25 years of my life in Hayes and all I can say is what a dump!

Hayes comes under Hillingdon Council and for the last 3-4 decades has been the dumping ground for all the riffraff they don't know what to do with. This year we cruised through Hayes, it was interesting to note that their wasn't a single boat moored between Tescos at Yiewsley and Bulls Bridge, it looked like a desolate war zone; there must be a reason for this.

i did notice there was a lot of new and modern looking flats built next to the canal in Hayes Town, just couldn't help but wonder what scumbags the council have dumped there?

Why would anyone buy a high end property if the builders also had to include affordable accommodation? You just know the council is going to dump scum they can't house elsewhere in your back yard.

There have anecdotally been a few boat break ins round there recently. Druggies looking for anything of value. Told to me by a boater last week when we moored right outside Tesco at Yiewsley. Funny enough it was a really hot day and there was a scruffy bloke wearing a hoodie up skulking about who I was keeping a weather eye on.

Edited by mark99