Lymm Historic Transport Day - This Sunday

junior

Featured Posts

I've put this in H&H as if you post in 'Events' i think you have to wait for the Gestapo to approve it.

It is Lymm Hispanic Transport Day this Sunday, although boats start arriving all week really. I'm not far away now on Halsall and it looks like being a cracking well attended weekend if the list of boats already booked in is anything to go by. If historic wide boats are your thing there should be AMBUSH, RIBBLE, SEVERN, PAULINE & PARBELLA i think, not to mention more thin boats than all years previous. 

Anyone from the forum attending by boat or car?

What a truly lovely event this was. Well organised and a fantastic atmosphere throughout the whole village.

The boats which turned out looked splendid and so nice to see the crowds supporting and cheering the boats on the parade. A great mix of different craft too. 

Much better than other events on the same weekend in my opinion.

Kind regards

Dan

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, stagedamager said:

What a truly lovely event this was. Well organised and a fantastic atmosphere throughout the whole village.

The boats which turned out looked splendid and so nice to see the crowds supporting and cheering the boats on the parade. A great mix of different craft too. 

Kind regards

Dan

Here here. 

Edited by junior

1 hour ago, stagedamager said:

Kind regards

Dan

Though I didnt go to either ( any ) events over the weekend I bet you are right!! In fairness though wider beamed craft are more interesting generaly than old narrowboats due to their greater diversity.