Nb Tay and the dream!

Dave Payne

Featured Posts

I spotted this a few days ago, got me thinking about i could turn it into a fuel boat and drift the canals selling stuff, oh what a life!

http://www.abnb.co.uk/boat_pages/2995web/2995abnb.php?BoatID=2995

Then i mentioned it to the GF and it didn't go down well when i said it had no bathroom, a bunk bed and a cabin smaller than the bedroom on my boat.... 

But i guess its not a dream life, its hard work, you make no real money and have no life or friends, please someone tell me this is true so i can dismiss the thought from my head once and for all.

9 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

I spotted this a few days ago, got me thinking about i could turn it into a fuel boat and drift the canals selling stuff, oh what a life!

There's probably a more suitable boat out there for that role. I personally wouldn't want to see the deck and therefore its tar boat history removed.

ahh dont worry, it will never happen, just a though whilst staring at my pc...

Although i did think, why do fuel boats have to be from older ex working boats, why not just have a boat built, must be cheaper and easier to build a shell with a small cabin?

4 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

I have those thoughts often.  Because of you, right now I'm thinking a wooden boat wouldn't be so bad...

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

Although i did think, why do fuel boats have to be from older ex working boats, why not just have a boat built, must be cheaper and easier to build a shell with a small cabin?

There are several of these around that I can think of. Dusty on the Oxford, and Spencer and Victoria's boat on the K&A

57 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

http://www.abnb.co.uk/boat_pages/2995web/2995abnb.php?BoatID=2995

Then i mentioned it to the GF and it didn't go down well when i said it had no bathroom, a bunk bed and a cabin smaller than the bedroom on my boat.... 

But i guess its not a dream life, its hard work, you make no real money and have no life or friends, please someone tell me this is true so i can dismiss the thought from my head once and for all.

Pm Junior. He stated with a leisure boat and now operates a coal boat. 

Edited by cuthound
Spellchecker changed coal to cola! I changed it back again.

24 minutes ago, RLWP said:

There's an unconverted wooden boat for sale at Bascote Wharf on the northern GU

Sue wouldn't let me write the mobile number down

Richard

Think that one's Beech, and if I remember correctly I think billybobbooth looked at it and said it was knackered.

33406605470_e3a1a8a3e0.jpgBeech by Ian, on Flickr

Edited by IanM

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

There's an unconverted wooden boat for sale at Bascote Wharf on the northern GU

Sue wouldn't let me write the mobile number down

Richard

Andy's blood pressure rockets whenever he sees me eyeing a 'For sale' sign. Well, eyeing up any boat really

3 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

It's not a dream life, it's hard work, you make no real money and have no life or friends.

Just now, David Mack said:

There's a couple at Shrewley too:

PICT0202.JPG.afda1214d8dfe50e8d390fa6ea23a43e.JPG

Apparently, despite appearances they are in good order

The duckweed is coming on nicely, as are the trees at the stern of FmK

Richard

2 hours ago, RLWP said:

Apparently, despite appearances they are in good order

The duckweed is coming on nicely, as are the trees at the stern of FmK

Richard

Must be a trick of the camera angle then because the stern of the motor looks to be dropping off.

27 minutes ago, AMModels said:

Must be a trick of the camera angle then because the stern of the motor looks to be dropping off.

Lick of paint and they will be fine.

There is also one at Wolfampcote (again)

17 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ah right you are. Thanks!

I was concerned in case something had gone unexpectedly wrong in his life leading to rapid sale of his boat.

Nope i still have towy! Her in doors wouldnt let me buy tay (something about a wooden boat isnt sutable?)

Tay would make the best fuel boat she was built for such use!

I did want tay but we prefered towy due to clothes as i always wanted a woodern josher now i got one, + tay had worng engine in for me and after having been on dane the hold is just a unusable area except stooring stuff

19 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

They don't. There is a modern 'fuel boat' for sale at Alvecote i think. It used to trade on the K&A as 'Coal Boat'. It was built by Stewart Hodges a few years ago and has a modern engine and someliving space.

57 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Nope i still have towy! Her in doors wouldnt let me buy tay (something about a wooden boat isnt sutable?)

Tay would make the best fuel boat she was built for such use!

Only if you wanted to carry fuel in bulk from one place to another. Tay would be completely unsuitable for modern day retail fuel boating.