Engine cover board

Featured Posts

I need to replace mine, i tried some wicked external marine ply which turned out to be utter pants. It delaminated after 6 months even though i treated it to some special wood sealer, varnish and more sealer.

I know I'm going to have to bit the bullet and get some Hexa or buffalo board.

But has anyone used a composite plastic board or decking planks, the planks i think i may have problems stopping the water from seeping through the gaps?

Ive seen composite plastic decking planks too.

Ant ideas?

The engine cover boards can get very warm when the engine is running. I've not seen plastic, or reinforced composite boards used, only buffalo and similar boards, or metal. Would worry about plastic warping or sagging. Less so with composite, but see if there is any information in the data sheets about maximum continuous temperature.

Jen

Thanks. 

I didnt think about the heat. Good point. That's why sometimes it's good to think out aloud.

Just rang a local trailer makers and a 10x5 sheet is £125 plus vat. Reckon I could get new locker seat covers out off that.