Elsan at Alperton (GU)

MartinC

Featured Posts

Not seen it but London Boaters put it on the offside at Alperton (Atlip Road) where there are a few permanent moorings. The water for some odd reason known only to CRT is for the residential boats only.

18 minutes ago, pearley said:

The water for some odd reason known only to CRT is for the residential boats only.

I was under the impression it was limited to 'berth holders' rather than 'residential boats' - It keeps the 'boats without a home mooring' moving further as they look for water.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I was under the impression it was limited to 'berth holders' rather than 'residential boats' - It keeps the 'boats without a home mooring' moving further as they look for water.

As all the berths are classed as residential then its much the same thing.

Given the amount of boats with no home mooring in the area I don't understand why the elsan, pump out and rubbish are for the use of all boaters but the water isn't.

• Greenie 1

56 minutes ago, pearley said:

Given the amount of boats with no home mooring in the area I don't understand why the elsan, pump out and rubbish are for the use of all boaters but the water isn't.

I understand the water is metered and charged to the berth holders which is why it's not available to boaters. Madness given that the other facilities are.

Heading east it is immediately past the railway bridge on the non towpath side, it is a small brick built open air elsan. Only easy to spot if you know where to look, easier to spot if heading west and you are looking at the far end of the concrete landing just before you go under the railway.

edit to add, bridge 11A I think.

edit to also add, at least I hope it is an elsan or I've been pouring poo into someone's barbecue 

Edited by Bewildered

4 hours ago, pearley said:

Sorry - I am obviously not getting my meaning across to you :

If the water as available to 'residential boaters' then it would be available to both berth holders AND any passing residential boater (with a mooring elsewhere, or, a CCer)

If the water is available to 'Berth Holders Only' then any passing residential boater cannot use the water.

There is a huge difference between 'Berth Holders Only' and 'For the Use Of Residential Boaters Only' - it is not 'much the same thing' at all.

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Sorry - I am obviously not getting my meaning across to you :

If the water as available to 'residential boaters' then it would be available to both berth holders AND any passing residential boater (with a mooring elsewhere, or, a CCer)

If the water is available to 'Berth Holders Only' then any passing residential boater cannot use the water.

There is a huge difference between 'Berth Holders Only' and 'For the Use Of Residential Boaters Only' - it is not 'much the same thing' at all.

Not so at all. Once we leave our moorings, according to the current T and Cs, we are all CCers.

11 minutes ago, pearley said:

Not so at all. Once we leave our moorings, according to the current T and Cs, we are all CCers.

But - as you know, that is just C&RTs 'wish list' and is not supported by the law, or, a Judge whose comments suggest otherwise :-

6:3 There are clear anomalies in both positions, CRT clearly regard the occupation of moorings by permanently residential boat owners who do not move very much as a significant problem (see paragraphs 3.5 and 3.6 above). However, neither the statutory regime in subsection 17(3) nor the guidelines can deal with this problem. A boat which has a home mooring is not required to be “bona fide” used for navigation throughout the period of the licence, but neither is it required to ever use its home mooring. The act requires that the mooring is available, it does not say it must be used.

Edited by Alan de Enfield