Who is up fro a serious booze cruise then :)

W+T

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, NickF said:

That can't be real ... ...or can it?

It seems to be.

Can it be illegal ? i cant it being. Just a bit crazy for a load of drunken folk on inflatables to be let loose on the water.

2 hours ago, zenataomm said:

What licence do you need to navigate The River Tyne?

No idea but I thought you needed a licence everywhere non tidal ..... now I am going to show my ignorance ... is it non-tidal? 

6 hours ago, NickF said:

No idea but I thought you needed a licence everywhere non tidal ..... now I am going to show my ignorance ... is it non-tidal? 

It's tidal up to Wylam and managed by the Port of Tyne. No charges for visiting pleasure craft for up to 14 days, or for vessels launched and recovered each day.

11 hours ago, NickF said:

It is very tidal. 

When we visited a few years back now we were on big spring tides and there were some big pieces of debris in the river.

Later heard on the radio one of the large tugs had to be rescued as it had picked a piece up in the props.

Not a river I would be messing about in a dinghy on!

We will certainly go back with NC though. Maybe sooner than we think if we can't sort this sterndrive out tonight! We will have to cancel the trailer to Scotland if not :(

We are going armed with several boxes of relays and fuses to try and fix it tonight.

Liam heard one pop seconds before the leg beached itself so fingers crossed we can find it!

ETA: if we can't fix it it will be a job for Burton Waters which will mean us cancelling the trip for now. We will certainly go next year if that is the case though and just stick local this year when the boat is fixed. 

Edited by Naughty Cal

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

We are going armed with several boxes of relays and fuses to try and fix it tonight.

Liam heard one pop seconds before the leg beached itself so fingers crossed we can find it!

ETA: if we can't fix it it will be a job for Burton Waters which will mean us cancelling the trip for now. We will certainly go next year if that is the case though and just stick local this year when the boat is fixed. 

Hope you get it fixed, I am looking forward to your blog!

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

We are going to give it our best shot!

OMG Rach,that is not enough, you need to give your best shot and more. You have been planning and looking forward the the Scotland trip for ages. 

I so hope you get it fixed. 

Finger crossed for you ;)

Ah hang on, you dont want to go to Scotland now, you have been tempted to go on the booze cruise now instead havnt you lol. 

Wish all fixes were as quick, easy and cheap as this one!

Uncovered the dashboard relays and tried the leg still the same no downwards movement. Swapped the relays over it would then go down but not up.

Changed the dodgy relay which by now was getting hot and we now have up and down movement. 

So a £2.60 relay had us immobile!

We have changed them both for good measure.

• Greenie 2

It would be serious madness for this to happen. At low tide there are mud banks with decaying wooden jetties and the ribs of abandoned boats. At high tide it looks OK but you still wouldn't want to fall in. Just downstream from the Tyne Bridge there are floating moorings with electricity

3 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Uncovered the dashboard relays and tried the leg still the same no downwards movement. Swapped the relays over it would then go down but not up.

Changed the dodgy relay which by now was getting hot and we now have up and down movement. 

What a relief,!!! after all that planning for Scotland!

11 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

I

We will certainly go back with NC though. 

If you do go back I suggest you avoid 1/7/17 in case you meet a flotilla of paddling pools! 

11 hours ago, Cheshire cat said:

It would be serious madness for this to happen. At low tide there are mud banks with decaying wooden jetties and the ribs of abandoned boats. At high tide it looks OK but you still wouldn't want to fall in. Just downstream from the Tyne Bridge there are floating moorings with electricity

One of the best city stays we have had on that pontoon.

DSCF4739.jpg

DSCF4741_1.jpg

17 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Yay! Glad the trip is on!

All this stuff about lowering and raising legs is all gobbledegook to me a mere narrowboater but it sounds very exciting :-)

4 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

Yay! Glad the trip is on!

All this stuff about lowering and raising legs is all gobbledegook to me a mere narrowboater but it sounds very exciting :-)

I don't know about exciting but it is very annoying when it develops a mind of it's own!