Engel Fridge

DavidPeckham

Featured Posts

It really depends if it is a compressor, or absorption type fridge, and if it is a 'coolbox', or a 'fridge'

Absorption fridges use a lot more power than compressor fridges so it could well be 3.75A (or 90Ah per day) if it is one of the 'continuous running' type. Many of the older types do not actually have a thermostat on the 12v options and run continuously. Yours may have, or may not have.

A 'modern' compressor fridge may well have an 'average' power consumption of 3.75Ah, but will generally only be running1/3rd of the time and so only uses about 30Ah per day.

If you can quote the model number I'm sure you will get answers that apply to YOUR fridge, rather than generalisations.

6 minutes ago, DavidPeckham said:

Cheers Alan, will check that.

Is it what Engel call a "Portable Fridge" ?, or, is it a 'proper' fridge installed under a worktop, and 'looks like a domestic fridge' ?

If it is one of the 'portable' types I'd suggest that it is a continuous rating of 3.75a (ie (90A/h per day)

Even the ones sold today by Engel are 'continuous' ratings.

Unless you have a huge battery bank, and method of recharging them daily it may be time to look to replace it with a more efficient one.

These types were designed primarily as 'vehicle' cool boxes and would be used whilst the engine was running - there were actually instructions in the manual to disconnect the cool-box when the car engine was not running - and I remember a car & caravan stuck at the Motorway services who had gone in for a break, come back and found the car battery flat, due to leaving their 'old' Electrolux 3-way fridge switched onto 12v

Edited by Alan de Enfield