Opinions on a bit of a Project Boat Please

Featured Posts

Anything major jump out on this one, other than needing a bit of work....am guessing they would make the BSC pass a term of sale? (Don't mind paying for it if it passes, survey would give me good pointers on that one)

Not the one I'm booked to see tomorrow but is not far away and viewable same day.

http://www.abcboatsales.com/boat-sales/champagne-charlee/

Hi Grumpy Triker, this boat belonged to a liveaboard here on the K and A, and I have seen it moving about regularly. I cannot comment on engine, etc as I don't have that knowledge, but as it is not far I would say it is worth having a look. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Meanderingviking said:

Hi Grumpy Triker, this boat belonged to a liveaboard here on the K and A, and I have seen it moving about regularly. I cannot comment on engine, etc as I don't have that knowledge, but as it is not far I would say it is worth having a look. Good luck.

Tak so Mucha (can't remember spelling :mellow:) many thanks for that.

...wish I knew who as would have loved a chat. 

Cheers Viking :cheers:

Assuming the hull is sound, which it should be for an 18 year old boat (but by no means guaranteed!),  I've seen a lot worse for that sort of money (40ft boats on the verge of sinking for £30K is not uncommon at the moment).

9 hours ago, Bewildered said:

That double bed is going to be interesting if the person nearest the wall needs to get up in the night for a pee, will have to climb over the other person 

That's not the issue.

It's when they return afterwards.

You'd be wise to instigate a procedure of them stamping their feet before returning.

9 hours ago, Bewildered said:

That double bed is going to be interesting if the person nearest the wall needs to get up in the night for a pee, will have to climb over the other person 

Hardly an unusual arrangement for a double bed on a narrow boat, surely.

It's certainly what our old leisure boat had.

12 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Hardly an unusual arrangement for a double bed on a narrow boat, surely.

It's certainly what our old leisure boat had.

Our old share boat was like that, we have a cross bed and if Di wants the loo she has to climb over me to get out or back in.

It looks just like my first boat which was an ex share boat from evesham, I had done changes on it as well after purchase and this looks as if a similar treatment has been carried out. Just one word of warning if it is an hire/share boat sometimes blacking doesnt happen underwater!!!

For all that mine [pinder shell] provided me with many hours of cruising and the Kubota engine was brilliant good luck

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

The offset rear door reminded me of a hire boat layout but I could be wrong.

The front door to the right of the bulkhead with large window alongside looks exactly like Black Prince hire boats of a certain era before the big rubber bumper on the front became standard,

As does the rail around the back.

I think this probably started life as a hire boat.

3 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

The offset rear door reminded me of a hire boat layout but I could be wrong.

Sometimes a post makes me think "I'd never thought of that". Now I shall be observing hire boats to se if most of them have offset back doors!

Our first boat (not ex-hire) had offset doors front and back. Our next one (built for us) had an offset front door but a central back door. Our current one (ditto) has central doors fore and aft. All these have been trads.

I also had a cruiser-stern Springer which had an offset back door - the shower room/ toilet was beside it. I think this was a fairly common arrangement on Springers, though of course they came in many configurations.

But, I'll be keeping my eyes open...