C&RT State Removing Litter Bins Reduces Rubbish

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

Leave the excess packaging with the supermarket ... That is the main cause of excess garbage

...   and require every outlet selling takeaways and snacks that are served in any form of packaging to provide a litter bin outside their premises - the shop to be responsible for emptying the bin and managing the waste.  Of course much of the waste will be packaging from other shops, but it should be even stevens at the end of the day.

• Greenie 1

45 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

See my first picture in this thread :D:D

Yes I was just being a little facetious wondering what strange mixes may be in the poo bags ............... :blink::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, magpie patrick said:

I often do a variant on this - clean the car rubbish out whilst at Sainsbury - most of it originated there anyway, and if they get the odd chip paper or Tesco sandwich wrapper it makes up for the stuff I end up disposing of elsewhere....

My variant to this is emptying all the pork scratching bags into Aldis bin and buying another couple of (full) bags.

• Greenie 1

I have just returned home after visiting Newark  by boat for the music festival.

There are some bins in Newark but far and rew between given the number of people at the music festival.  We have brought our own rubbish home . However  others had abandoned their rubbish where they had sat at the side of the river. I find this practice offensive but it doe s demonstrate whet will happen if inadequate facilities are provided.

If the C&RT remove the bins people  will probably leave their rubbish wherever they feel inclined .