Boat horn wiring.

PaulG

Featured Posts

Actually I have seen one or two old positive earth steel boats well perforated and in both cases they were repaired and converted to negative earth. I have not heard or seen about the same on properly wired  negative earth boats. I suspect those old boats posed a solution risk if they sank so maybe the BSS has not got round to  modern practices.

6 hours ago, Ray T said:

Don't bother with all this electrickery business get one of these: 

Horn.JPG

I have something similar made by Acme Whistles.

http://www.acmewhistles.co.uk/xcart/product.php?productid=131&cat=5&page=1

Loud it is. Much more so than the weedy Halfords car horn. Easy to grab and let fly without searching around for the horn button. Mines a semitrad, so the switches are a distance from the steering position.

Jen

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

I have something similar made by Acme Whistles.

http://www.acmewhistles.co.uk/xcart/product.php?productid=131&cat=5&page=1

Loud it is. Much more so than the weedy Halfords car horn. Easy to grab and let fly without searching around for the horn button. Mines a semitrad, so the switches are a distance from the steering position.

Jen

I have the same one, it's a deeper tone than the sample sound they have on the site.  Loud indeed it is, and seems well made.