Filter Housing question

Featured Posts

20170614_131614_zpsji9unxy3.jpg

We have this filter housing which takes a spin on filter with a 27mm female thread.  We cannot source a filter through normal channels as none fit.

The only markings are as shown.....P could be the brand....possibly from a hydraulic and not fuel usage.

Can anyone help with a filter size or number.?????

A quick google shows that you can get m27 filters with both a 1.5 and a 2.0 thread pitch.  Do you know which you have??

Added - this site lists a range of filters,for example these are 

m27 x 2.0   -   https://www.inlinefilters.co.uk/Filters-Lube/SpinOn/M27x2.0

m27 x 1.5   -   https://www.inlinefilters.co.uk/Filters-Lube/SpinOn/M27x1.5/FBW-B7452

Edited by Chewbacka

Looks very like a hydraulic filter to me, as you said. Talk to your local hydraulic people who serve the farmers and plant operators. I am sure they can find a filter that fits but getting the right pore size  I am not so sure about.

The external indicator is useful, but it's not usual to have an internal bypass valve on a fuel system ( the red bit in the second photo ). Regular servicing (filter changes) would mitigate the likelihood of the bypass opening; but would you want to risk unfiltered fuel reaching the injection pump?

Edited by Eeyore