Another intermittent pump cycle.

Featured Posts

I think I may have solved my intermittent pump going off. Only goes off occasionally maybe a few times a day. While cleaning out my engine bilge channeling I noticed a drain hole seeping a small dribble off water and looks like it's been doing it for a while. It's connected to the Califier (ever how you spell it). Haven't ventured under the bed yet to see. 

But any ideas what could cause it. Will take a few photos later off the set up. 

It does it even when the water is not being heated. 

Well obviously it's a leak, and bear in mind the calorifier is pressurised all the time, not just when being heated. Let's hope it is dodgy plumbing rather than a spilt in the calorifier. You won't know until you have a look under the bed.

I know it's not a split, well I hope it's not. I've been under the bed many times today and it's dry so is the bilge under it. I've got a small inspection hole and I send a camera in there every now and then. I'm venturing under there in a bit. 

2 hours ago, rustydiver said:

I think I may have solved my intermittent pump going off. Only goes off occasionally maybe a few times a day. While cleaning out my engine bilge channeling I noticed a drain hole seeping a small dribble off water and looks like it's been doing it for a while. It's connected to the Califier (ever how you spell it). Haven't ventured under the bed yet to see. 

But any ideas what could cause it. Will take a few photos later off the set up. 

It does it even when the water is not being heated. 

Probably the outlet for the PRV that is usually mounted close to the calorifier on the hot oulet.

• Greenie 1