River Trent - Tide Times for June & July

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/9676/cromwell-lock implies that Cromwell will open at 0700, but earlier opening can be arranged with five days notice!  I would suggest you ring Cromwell rather than Newark ??

Best to call both ends of journey. When we came down a couple of weeks ago we thought that the lockie at Cromwell was going to inform his colleague at Torksey but when we arrived we were chided for not having rung him to say we were coming!

When we traveled from Torksey to W Stockwith last week we covered ourselves by ringing both, a few days in advance as well as on the day itself. We had a warmer welcome!

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

I had seen the "No Commercial Craft" sign but presumed that was from its previous life, as it obviously has been in use for some time elsewhere.  The club at Marnham don't seem to mind a boat or two using their jetty to visit the pub. 

With permission.

We have an agreement as a group with them.

A few pennies in their coffers towards maintenance a year for use of the pontoon.

On a similar sign.

At Markham just along from the no  commercial and at Laneham underneath it.

Will just add that the cleats and mooring rings on both pontoons are mostly designed with small ski boats in mind.

Some of our larger plastic boats have pulled them out of the pontoon. So you need to watch what you tie up too.

3 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

All went well until I got to the last line of that website: "NOT FOR NAVIGATION" .....

Covering the arses maybe? I've used this site for years and it's always been accurate enough to work out timings for the Ouse and Trent

7 hours ago, Midnight said:

Covering the arses maybe? I've used this site for years and it's always been accurate enough to work out timings for the Ouse and Trent

Indeed!  The same phrase is printed on the PLA's excellent guide http://www.pla.co.uk/assets/Outer_PRINT_FINAL.pdf - I guess in that context they mean you shouldn't use this guide to work out a compass bearing ....