Need to sign in at each visit

Go to solution Solved by mross,

Featured Posts

No problems on any (of my many) computers but they are all computers, not tablets, and all run Firefox as the preferred browser.

Even the laptop I built last Sunday, logged in, took to Cornish B&B's for the week (a different Wi-Fi every night..) never missed a beat.

Thanks, having a look.

Those who have the issue, can you confirm how you login (e.g. normally or via FB) And also - when did you first notice the issue? I note some users have provided this info already.

Cheers

RichM

Edited by RichM
edit: I will need to take the site down for a few minutes between now and 20:00

16 minutes ago, RichM said:

Thanks, having a look.

Those who have the issue, can you confirm how you login (e.g. normally or via FB) And also - when did you first notice the issue? I note some users have provided this info already.

Cheers

RichM

It's been going on for a few days for me, sorry can'y be more exact, the message I get is:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this stream

Error code: 2C280/3

I log on normally, ie not through Facebookj

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

15 minutes ago, RichM said:

Thanks, having a look.

Cheers

RichM

Have only had the problem with the notebook, running Chrome.  I log in through the normal login screen, and have the remember me box ticked.

It seems to remember me if I have actively logged out. But if Chrome is closed and notebook retsarted, then not only do I have to log in, but also have to type in username and password.

6 hours ago, mross said:

Me too.  I get this message

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this stream

Error code: 2C280/3

But only using Chrome or Edge, when I use the Yandex browser it works as normal.

May I ask what you clicked on when you got that error?

I'm not on facebook. I normally access the forum from my View New Content bookmark, and it takes me straight in. This afternoon I had to login on the work laptop - IE which hadn't remembered my login details. Same on the phone (Samsung browser), but at least the login page was already populated with my username and password.

Last night, I gave the server reboot and re-synced the time. The server time has been incorrect on a few occasions and this causes various anomalies with things such as the ordering of posts and login session data.

If anyone has this problem again please let me know.

RichM

Today, every time I start a browser, I have to log in again.  This is true for Yandex, Chrome, Edge and IE11.  Previously, I only had to log in once a day unless I put my laptop to sleep.

Edited by mross
behaviour seems inconsistent

• 3 weeks later...