Bridge ID

Psycloud

Featured Posts

I bet Adam of this forum can, as I reckom it may be him steering the boat?

Looks to me like one f the once elegant Stephenson railway viaducts on the West Coast main line that got encased in unsightly concrete last century.

Originally like this.....

Skew_9c.jpg

They now look like this

GrandUnionCycleMay2011-75tngam.jpg

I don't think it is the Winkwell or Kings Langley one, but I'm not trawling through all available photos of the others to make my guess.  I have a feeling I have walked or boated under it ecently, but could be wrong!

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

I bet Adam of this forum can, as I reckom it may be him steering the boat?

Looks to me like one f the once elegant Stephenson railway viaducts on the West Coast main line that got encased in unsightly concrete last century.

I don't think it is the Winkwell or Kings Langley one, but I'm not trawling through all available photos of the others to make my guess.  I have a feeling I have walked or boated under it ecently, but could be wrong!

Thanks Alan

The reason for the thread is that a friend thinks it is Winkwell but we couldn't find a similar picture c/o Google Images to confirm.

Thanks

David

Definitely not Winkwell.

I would say it has lower brick walls than Winkwell, but at Winkwell the offside scenery beyond is far more open, with far less trees.

This is Winkwell (from this website, if you care to trawl through the whole GU looking for where the Canal Boat picture was taken...)

Railway_Bridge-Winkwell.jpg

This one, possibly?

(Between Blisworth and Gayton)

It is not possible to judge from the Canal Boat photo if it is the part of the route that has 4 tracks on the main line, or just two.  The bridge below only has two fast line tracks over it.

Railway-Bridge_48b.jpg

4 minutes ago, dave.e said:

Is it the railway bridge north of Blisworth?

You just pipped me at the post, I think!

But, yes, seems most likely.