Waste Oil

Drayke

Featured Posts

An old boss I worked for used to talk about when he was in the REMI, during the war, said they use to take a sheet of metal, getting it red hot, then dripped waste oil and water on to it and cook underneath it.

On 2017-6-18 at 14:57, mango said:

It's much the same as postage.  Some companies show it separately and others include it.  Here is an example of an online tyre supplier that does include the environmental charge.  I don't know how the fitters are reimbursed for the cost of disposal.

Edit to add the missing link:  http://www.blackcircles.com/helpcentre/payment/what-does-the-price-include

Only just seen this, but while it lists the 'disposal cost' for fitted tyres, it does not for mail-order only tyres.

Hence it think this is still the same as oil. If you pay for an oil change at a reputable garage they will dispose of it responsible and any cost will directly or otherwise be covered by the customer, but if you just pick a can of oil or mail order it, you don't pay for it's disposal.

Daniel

On 18/06/2017 at 11:10, Alan de Enfield said:

But - it is the ultimate in re-cycling.

Put it back where it came from - 'Ashes to ashes, dust to dust'

Yes but it didn't originate from the grass verge did it. 

43 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Only just seen this, but while it lists the 'disposal cost' for fitted tyres, it does not for mail-order only tyres.

Hence it think this is still the same as oil. If you pay for an oil change at a reputable garage they will dispose of it responsible and any cost will directly or otherwise be covered by the customer, but if you just pick a can of oil or mail order it, you don't pay for it's disposal.

Daniel

I see what you mean.  I think the only answer is to include a realistic charge for safe disposal of goods when they reach the end of their life and to make it easy for us all to dispose of our rubbish to avoid fly tipping and pouring oil down the drains.

Disposed of 25 litres of oil and some mucky water out of the engine bilge at the council tip just 200 yds north of bridge 74 on the GU near Milton Keynes. Had to walk past a big sign saying "No Pedestrian Access" but no one seemed to mind.