Did this boat ever get sold?

Ray T

Featured Posts

I was looking at it trying to work out what could be done to it to make it look somewhat less horrid. I eventually decided that it has no redeeming features and I was wasting my time. 

That is not a pram cover, they have lifted a mobility scooter rain cover from an unsuspecting pensioner near Camp Hill.

The external wiring is to die for and the many vented ceiling would suit a tall gentleman who doesn't like to walk down the sides of a boat.

I see that it now has a number, 41777 - but a look at the Boat Listing on Canalplan shows that there's no boat registered with that number. That would be a quite early number (1980s?); it's a possibility that the boat, when built, looked different, and that she's been modified since.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

I see that it now has a number, 41777 - but a look at the Boat Listing on Canalplan shows that there's no boat registered with that number. That would be a quite early number (1980s?); it's a possibility that the boat, when built, looked different, and that she's been modified since.

Isn't that a trade plate i.e. red?

11 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Isn't that a trade plate i.e. red?

It's certainly red; I did not know that trade plates for boats existed. Thanks you for that information. So, in what circumstances would they be issued and used?

19 minutes ago, Athy said:

It's certainly red; I did not know that trade plates for boats existed. Thanks you for that information. So, in what circumstances would they be issued and used?

It is not information, it's a question.

21 minutes ago, Athy said:

If it's on brokerage then the broker can use his trade plates to save the seller having to keep the boat licensed himself. That's just one example of their use.