Boat safety check list

Featured Posts

I've just used it and found 1637 entries.

However it identified anything that contained the phrase "Boat Safety" including your post.

Anyway why search here on a forum when The Boat Safety Scheme have a  site that tells the facts and not just the opinions of this forum's membership?

Go Here

Deeper delving into Google will chuck up all sorts of formal stuff, which it sounds as if you need.

• Greenie 1

Although it looks big a lot of the BSS document won't apply, so can be skipped. If your boat isn't steam, petrol, or lpg gas powered for example. Just go through the document linked above one line item at a time and methodically tick them off after you have fixed any problem areas. There really isn't any short cut like a checklist that will substitute for this approach. Any specific questions on a line item you're not sure on, then search or ask on here. My boat has had three inspections and passed first time each time doing it this way. Friends boats I've helped out with a pre-inspection check on have either passed after fixing problem areas or failed on the unfixed items I've told them it would fail on.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

Be aware that some items are (marked inconspicuously) recommended rather than mandatory. Equally, you may come to think that some things are essential for your own peace of mind which are not on the list.

How do I turn the *****ing spell checker off?

Edited by system 4-50