A "New" film?

archie57

Featured Posts

Have just been watching on the Local London Freeview channel (London Live) one of a series of BFI films called 'Bridge Of Song' which includes a piece on the modernisation of the river Trent Locks. Can't find it online though.

Tim

On 29/05/2017 at 22:38, Derek R. said:

Forever blowing bubbles . . . River Soar, 1988.

1047a General 036.jpg

Cor that's pretty good suds it used to do the same in 1958 through 72 Kegworth deep & Zouch used to produce the best show remember seeing 2 8man rowing skiffs disappear completely from view in Kegworth

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:01, X Alan W said:

Cor that's pretty good suds it used to do the same in 1958 through 72 Kegworth deep & Zouch used to produce the best show remember seeing 2 8man rowing skiffs disappear completely from view in Kegworth

Did you manage to see this video Alan ?

I only got a message saying that I wasn't allowed to see this because I'm in France.

Peter.

3 hours ago, bargemast said:

I only got a message saying that I wasn't allowed to see this because I'm in France.

Peter.

Peter I dont know how computer savvy you are but if you can use a VPN and set its location to the UK you would be able to see the video.

10 hours ago, AMModels said:

Peter I dont know how computer savvy you are but if you can use a VPN and set its location to the UK you would be able to see the video.

Thank you very much, I'm sure that your information would be very helpful, and quite likely be the solution to this problem, but I have to admit that I'm not computer savvy at at all.

If I would have to give a number between 0 and 10, I would probably get a below 0.

Thanks anyway, it was kind to give it a try,

Peter.

15 hours ago, bargemast said:

Peter.

'Duh' no didn't even realise it was a video just saw the photo of the boat in the lock with the suds & it triggered the old brain cells

5 minutes ago, X Alan W said:

'Duh' no didn't even realise it was a video just saw the photo of the boat in the lock with the suds & it triggered the old brain cells

Thanks for your answer Alan, I don't think that there's anything wrong with your old brain cells, they still seem to work pretty good.

It's a pitty that we can't see these video's though.

Peter.

1 hour ago, X Alan W said:

55 minutes ago, bargemast said:

Thanks for your answer Alan, I don't think that there's anything wrong with your old brain cells, they still seem to work pretty good.

It's a pitty that we can't see these video's though.

Peter.

Try this link please chaps, hopefully you should be able to see the film through it.

https://www.justproxy.co.uk/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL3BsYXllci5iZmkub3JnLnVrL2ZpbG0vd2F0Y2gtYS1xdWVlci1saWZ0LTE5MzEv&hl=2ed

16 minutes ago, AMModels said:

Try this link please chaps, hopefully you should be able to see the film through it.

https://www.justproxy.co.uk/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL3BsYXllci5iZmkub3JnLnVrL2ZpbG0vd2F0Y2gtYS1xdWVlci1saWZ0LTE5MzEv&hl=2ed

Hello Andy,

I really do appreciate your efforts to make me see this video, that I would have loved to see, but even with the link you provided, all I get is :

CONTENU INDISPONIBLE

Cette video n'est pas autorisée pour votre emplacement (FR)

I don't know if Alan will have more success if he gives it a try, or for anyone else who's in France, but here it doesn't

Peter.

On 5/29/2017 at 21:38, Derek R. said:

Forever blowing bubbles . . . River Soar, 1988.

1047a General 036.jpg

When I worked alongside the river aire in Castleford in the very early 1970s the road used to get covered in foam blown up from the river and the river often looked like snow so bad was the pollution. It still existed to a lesser extent by the eighties but is now long gone. There is a bend on the Aire twixt Castleford and Knottingley named " soapsuds corner "

19 minutes ago, bargemast said:

Hello Andy,

I really do appreciate your efforts to make me see this video, that I would have loved to see, but even with the link you provided, all I get is :

CONTENU INDISPONIBLE

Cette video n'est pas autorisée pour votre emplacement (FR)

I don't know if Alan will have more success if he gives it a try, or for anyone else who's in France, but here it doesn't

Peter.

Thanks for the try Andy ,but am afraid all I get is as Peter "cept" mine comes up in English "Not available to view in your area (FR)" Shame.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 06:52, Derek R. said:

Maybe just one man's methods. A chain slipped over the hook may have seen to be a simpler solution to tying off. Wouldn't do much for paint when dropping it on the butties foredeck though.

Many BCN tugs towed with variations, they used chains or multiple hitches to attach the lines when towing multiple boats.

TUG CRESWELL PRATTS BRIDGE.jpg

Edited by Laurence Hogg

19 minutes ago, AMModels said:

Too bad Andy, still no luck, the first 2 showed :HTTP 403 Refusé, and whatever I filled in at the 3th didn't work either.

Don't worry, life go's on for me anyway, and there are plenty of other (more important) things I have to miss too.

Peter.

• Greenie 1