Efanton - Opportunity

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

A friend has just told me he is putting his boat on the market - I think it may meet many of your needs.

It has an 11 foot 'tug deck' with the deck with 'lowered sides'. Easy motorcycle loading

It will come complete with everything on board as it is a 'walk away' (had enough) sale.

Length 62 foot

Age - built 2007.

If interested let me know and I'll pass on his details

CAM00240[1].jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

7 hours ago, Peter X said:

Don't blame you, if I were a potential buyer I wouldn't want the bloke on the deck included. He's not much use as crew if he's lying down.

Good point - but - being as he is over 6 foot + length of arms etc he was the nearest thing to a tape measure we had.

He is mobile and removable.

Pm already sent to Alan thanking him for thinking about me.  This is totally unexpected, but really appreciated.  What a wonderful group of people there is on this site.

Yes, this certainly would be a solution regarding my motorcycle, but it clearly demonstrates the problem with all the motorcycle storage solution I have seen so far.  Effectively  the bow deck has become totally unusable for anything other than storage.  I still think the solution I cam up with is far more practical, in that the bow deck does remain usable for other things.

Due to other commitments I will not be able to buy a boat for at least two years.  I joined now to learn as much as I can before then and hopefully with what I learn save a bit of money when buying a boat and avoid making a serious mistake.

thanks Alan the thought is really appreciated.

Edited by efanton

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Below that deck is a double bed - standard practice on 'tug-deck' boats.

Really?  what's the head room like?

I always assumed that tug decks did not have cabin space below, just storage.  If there's headroom for cabin space then that really gives me something to think about.  Would certainly open up a lot of options that I did not realise might be there.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  That's the sort of information I was hoping to get from using a forum like this.  Not the sort of stuff you would get from a book or you-tube

8 minutes ago, efanton said:

I always assumed that tug decks did not have cabin space below, just storage.  If there's headroom for cabin space then that really gives me something to think about.  Would certainly open up a lot of options that I did not realise might be there.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  That's the sort of information I was hoping to get from using a forum like this.  Not the sort of stuff you would get from a book or you-tube

Send me a PM with your email & I'll pass it onto him to give you pics and more details.

9 minutes ago, efanton said:

It is often used for a bed space. There is zero headroom and you just shuffle under and lie on the bed. Other types have the bed on rollers and it is pulled from under the deck into the cabin for sleeping.

11 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

It is often used for a bed space. There is zero headroom and you just shuffle under and lie on the bed. Other types have the bed on rollers and it is pulled from under the deck into the cabin for sleeping.

A Trundle Bed as you Mill Worker types would call it.:D