CRT Licence Disks holder

Edward_M

Featured Posts

Hello all, 

I've received my CRT Licence Disks, but don't like the idea of sticking them to a window using double-sided tape etc. 

Has anyone found a decent, minimalist holder for them?

Cheers

Ed

1 minute ago, Phil. said:

Halfords do them. 

Now that does suprise me. In this day and age of cars not needing to display a VEL I would have thought Halfrauds no longer sold em, ya learn summet new every day.

11 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Now that does suprise me. In this day and age of cars not needing to display a VEL I would have thought Halfrauds no longer sold em, ya learn summet new every day.

Ah, it was a while since we bought ours. I think they are permit holders as they are square, rather than tax disc holders.

14 minutes ago, lulu fish said:

No need to display them as long as you have your index number displayed.  They will just make your windows look untidy.

I have a DB, I don't display index numbers

Edited by Edward_M

1 minute ago, lulu fish said:

I have asked them, they told me it was no longer necessary.   Have you ever heard of anyone getting trouble for not displaying a licence?  

I think ill keep mine in the window.

From here

Although we don’t need to see your discs to know whether a boat is licensed, it’s still a legal requirement to display them along with your boat name and index number.

29 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I needed one for my parking permit

3 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

I think ill keep mine in the window.

From here

Although we don’t need to see your discs to know whether a boat is licensed, it’s still a legal requirement to display them along with your boat name and index number.

Enjoy your unnecessarily untidy windows.  May as well just use sticky tape then, it will look crap either way. 

1 minute ago, Dave Payne said:

Check me boat out, looks untidy without even looking at the tiny bits of paper in the window!

WP_20170514_13_25_42_Pro_LI.jpg

That looks pretty tidy by my standards.  It is the view out of the windows from the inside that I don't like being cluttered.  

11 minutes ago, lulu fish said:

That looks pretty tidy by my standards.  It is the view out of the windows from the inside that I don't like being cluttered.  

Ouis are in the top corner of the window and as they are covered by the curtain they are not seen from inside.  

haggis

7 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

Check me boat out, looks untidy without even looking at the tiny bits of paper in the window!

WP_20170514_13_25_42_Pro_LI.jpg

Looks muuuuch better than it did when it was mainly yellow :D

Not so easy to spot you going past my mooring these days.