Giffard Park Refuse, Milton Keynes GU

Boredrider

Featured Posts

I seem to recall CRT several weeks ago that said the rubbish facility was being removed due to redevelopment work at the pub. Obviously many boaters didn't get the message, or can't read or don't care.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BEngo said:

Was there, open and functional (skip empty) when we used it last Friday.

N

Exactly.

Facility has moved, but some people continue to fly tip where it used to be.

Going on from this Witshire, Thamesdown and Berkshire councils have reduced their opening hours and introduced permit or resident only use to their refuse and recycling sites. This means you can only bring refuse and recycling if you live in the area and can prove it and if you have a van you can only use the facilities x amount of times per year. I have already noticed fly tipping starting to occur by the roads and on farmers' land. Ultimately this is surely going to cost the local authorities more, striking me as being rather short sighted. Surely in this day and age people should be encouraged to recycle not have it made harder?

I saw something about this problem a while ago on the tv programme 'countryfile'. It said fly tipping is on the increase in rural areas and that it is the landowner who foots the bill for the clean up. So it appears it cost the local authorities nothing.

19 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Exactly.

Facility has moved, but some people continue to fly tip where it used to be.

Sorry, I don't understand this. The rubbish facility is in thee left hand part of the block, behind a steel bar door. It is a skip at low level With a low level acess door. The barred door has a non CRT lock but did not seem to have been vandalised or forced, just unlocked and left. There are no signs for a new rubbish site and non of the usual requests to use the nearest points at Fenny or Cosgrove.

If we used the wrong place , where is the real facility now ?

N

• 1 month later...

The single four wheel wheelie bin has returned, which they know is totally inadequate, because they previously changed it to a side loading enclosed skip, there is now a sign stating that if its over filled the facility will be taken away, and that there is 24 hr CCTV on it, which there isn't.

Its already overfilled. 

I understand they realised that the skip in the building is too small and, as mentioned above, a larger skip was placed in the pub carpark with the pubs agreement. Unfortunately, this facility was abused, possibly by locals.  When I passed in May this year the bin was surrounded by mattresses, furniture etc.  Needless to say the pub was not happy and withdrew their offer to put the skip on their land. CART have reopened the old facility but is seems this is already being misused again.