Droitwich Junction Canal

Ex-Member

Featured Posts

Good morning one & all

Does anyone who knows what the current height  level is for passing under the M5, if all is well I will be going through tues/weds?

I sent an email to CART asking the same last Friday with no response so I will ring them this morning, wish me luck.

Cheers 

1 minute ago, Numpty said:

Good morning one & all

Does anyone who knows what the current height  level is for passing under the M5, if all is well I will be going through tues/weds?

I sent an email to CART asking the same last Friday with no response so I will ring them this morning, wish me luck.

Cheers 

It's fine. The M5 section is only affected by a small tributary of the River Salwarpe. It rises and falls pretty quickly but even after last week's rain it was still pretty low on Saturday lunchtime when I passed through. Although that was just before the heavens opened! (Seriously it won't be a problem unless you have stuff piled on the roof).

JP

1 hour ago, Captain Pegg said:

And despite all the rain of the past week or two the Severn is still low and now falling. Given the forecast for the next week it will be very low shortly.

We've had next to no rain up here near the source, but they haven't started drawing from Clywedog yet.

12 hours ago, matty40s said:

20170521_134627_zpsepyb3e5h.jpg

Dropped my car off at the marina on Sunday,  the river is very low.

I will be there on Wednesday after about 120 locks.

The bloke on the tiller of the Pamela May clearly isn't confident about the M5 bridge; he's seems to have donned a hard hat.

21 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

The bloke on the tiller of the Pamela May clearly isn't confident about the M5 bridge; he's seems to have donned a hard hat.

They were both a bit doddery,  but all credit to them for keeping the trip boat running. 

After 61 locks today I may be there Tuesday evening now..if I can get up in the morning.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

They were both a bit doddery,  but all credit to them for keeping the trip boat running. 

After 61 locks today I may be there Tuesday evening now..if I can get up in the morning.

61 locks - Napton Junction to top of Lapworth?

Are you heading for Droitwich Spa marina below Hanbury locks or into Droitwich proper?

53 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The marina only unfortunately. 

Twas Top of Stockton  to Hockley Heath...thought I'd throw a swung bridge in fir good measure. ☺

Also spotted a Tawny Owl.

Only 45 locks left to go then. Your challenge for today is to spot a fox.

JP

On 5/23/2017 at 06:49, matty40s said:

Well I also have bagged a firefly and a lesser spotted vox stellarum already this morning so a fox shouldn't be too difficult.

No reports of fox sighting. Did the cunning little beast evade your beady eye?

1 hour ago, Captain Pegg said:

No reports of fox sighting. Did the cunning little beast evade your beady eye?

I spotted a little Vulpes hidden between two longer boats in the Alvechurch region  as I passed late yesterday morning . 42 locks was enough with all of them against me so I dined at the Eagle and Sun (set) and saved the last 3 until this morning arriving at 8.30.

39 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I spotted a little Vulpes hidden between two longer boats in the Alvechurch region  as I passed late yesterday morning . 42 locks was enough with all of them against me so I dined at the Eagle and Sun (set) and saved the last 3 until this morning arriving at 8.30.

I had to suffer the Queen's Head on my way up at the weekend. There are lots of good things about the Worcester & Birmingham but it's pubs aren't one of them.

JP