Is this cruising pattern acceptable?

DeanS

Featured Posts

27 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Well you can always go further along the Rochdale and perhaps onto the Calder and Hebble and perhaps up to Hudersfield, albeit at the cost of higher train fares. What about heading up the Leigh Branch and onto the Leeds and Liverpool?

I'll go wherever there are:

1. water and elsan services
2. rail services which are reasonably priced.  

It affects my job. I drive kids at 2:30pm. Used to then go home. Then back to work at 7 to do cleaning and maintenance. If I'm paying for rail, I now have to leave earlier...maybe 1:30 instead of a 5min walk. Then will have to stay at work....(not worth travelling back to the boat only to go back again soon after)...so it's not only a financial cost, but an extra 3hrs wasted in each day. Then if you compare salary minus rail fares  it's no wonder people just give up and sit at home on benefits. 

2 hours ago, dogless said:

Crap position to be put in, I'm really sorry for the grief it's causing.

I believe you are trying to do everything right, and I'm sure the C&RT enforcement team in the area would have to agree. I wasn't suggesting asking any sort of permission....merely establishing a regular point of contact early, at your instigation rather than theirs.....just in case.

Can't imagine they'd want to put notices on a purple boat anyway....it would clash terribly ;)

Good luck

Rog

the thought did cross my mind I should paint the boats camo green, to be less conspicuous :) There's a guy on the Bridgewater who had an allergic reaction to my boat colour..made him keep knocking to tell me I only had a day left...lol

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, Peter-Bullfinch said:

Leigh to Manchester is about 50 minutes on the bus if I remember rightly from my last trip. That's a lot of travelling time each day. There are a couple of small but really friendly marinas there though. 

Thanks Peter.