need mooring urgently

simonhughes

Featured Posts

we need a quiet peacefull residential mooring for a 60ft nb that we also want to refit the interiour of, so somewhere that wont mind me working outside the boat, not a marina on a pontoon,  or on the towpath, were constant cruising the GU at the moment and i have got a heath problem  now and i need to take it easy. were now going south moored at Marsworth and looking out for something on the way, anyone know of anything available ? if we dont find one soon we may have to sell the boat.

Welcome to CWDF, Simon. I hope that you soon find what you seek but, as Alan points out, if you excuse marinas with pontoon moorings (which most of them have) and exclude the towpath, you are not leaving yourself a wide range of choices. Perhaps members with knowledge of that area of the waterways will be able to suggest somewhere for you.

Offside linear moorings? I can think of several, but not in that area as it's outside our waterways haunts.

i spoke to calcutt, nothing doing im afraid.

i would like to know how many overstays i am allowed for medical reasons, ive had a lot and i provided letters from my GP for them all but i have no idea how many is too many ive had an email from CaRT hinting that ive had too many. there letters dontseem to mean anything however many times you read them

Hi Simon, I don't know the details of your circumstances, but I would suggest you contact the CRT welfare officer Sean Williams and explain your issues. He will also be able to advise you who your local water chaplain is, the Water Chaplaincy is providing support and advocacy for boaters with welfare needs. Good luck.

On 27/05/2017 at 07:57, b0atman said:

Claydon flight on the south oxford their is an ideal places where others have done the same .Can someone come up with names ? for poster.

Gregg Klaes has three or four offside moorings at Claydon he's happy to rent to liveaboards. PM me for his phone number if you are interested. 

• Greenie 1

Not sure i can get to Claydon now, I just can't handle my boat anymore, i dont feel safe boating sometimes and had a couple of bad accidents recently but now I am stuck living on it, but if I sold it and moved onto the land I would be back to renting instead of owning my own home, tthere is nothing like the feeling of owning your own home, even if you have to live in a marina i cant keep up with constant cruising anymore but i cant find a mooring. What do I do ?

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Why not find out if the moorings mentioned by b0atman are available, THEN worry about how you would get the boat there? There are folk on here only too keen to get some boating in exchange for free labour, or at a pinch you could investigate the cost of a commercial boat mover.

Your situation sounds really difficult, again I would urge you to contact Sean Williams at CRT, at least he will then know what your problems are and it will give you some time without being hassled while you sort something out. Best wishes.

20 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

The best I could suggest would be Banbury on the South Oxford but you may need help to get that far.

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:11, nicknorman said:

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Why not find out if the moorings mentioned by b0atman are available, THEN worry about how you would get the boat there? There are folk on here only too keen to get some boating in exchange for free labour, or at a pinch you could investigate the cost of a commercial boat mover.

I'm one of those folk, and if you find a suitable mooring to go to, at Banbury or elsewhere, I'd be happy to help get you there. I'm free over the next seven weeks, except that I'm pencilled in to spend a few days helping Calranthe move his boat along the T&M (see his topic under "New To Boating"), probably about a week from now, so he's got first dibs on me.