Out of fuel (duh!)

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, mross said:

How does a clear bowl comply with BSS?  Unless it's outside the engine bay.

Glass, or a plastic one with the manufacturers certification is acceptable.

Edit to add extract from BSS

2.12.2 Are all fuel filters inside engine spaces fire resistant?
Check all fuel filters (including drain plugs) located inside engine spaces are marked or recognised as fire resistant.  If not marked or recognised as being suitably fire resistant, verify this by examining any presented declaration from the manufacturer or supplier.  – fuel filters marked with ISO 10088 are acceptable.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I had a look round today just to check everything - there seems to be a little weep from the bottom of the engine fuel filter - where there is the metal plug that takes the hex piece. I can try tightening half a turn but I suspect I will need a new seal on it - I don't even know what the item is called, whether or not it's universal or whether just a seal on it is replaceable. So if anyone could throw light on that, I should be able to source and fix - nothing came with the filter itself or I would have replaced at the time, obviously.

What a shame - was otherwise home and dry!