side hatch

Featured Posts

16 hours ago, WotEver said:

Yup. I've never seen that Reg on anything boat related. 

What do you mean by that? 

I spend all my time on the boat

Edited by reg
Cus

What BSS actually says,

The provisions of this section of Part 6 in the 2002 BSS Standards are mandatory for non-private boats where applicable.If there's only one escape route from your boat and this becomes blocked by fire, you and other occupants on the boat could suffer personal injuries, burns or suffocation.This is why it's a very good idea for all boats to have two means of escape from accommodation areas. To give sufficient space for people to fit through, and escape from the fire, it's recommended that all escape routes on your boat have a minimum clear opening of 0.2m2 (310in2) and a minimum width of 380mm (15ins). [6.7]

2 hours ago, mross said:

it's recommended that all escape routes on your boat have a minimum clear opening of 0.2m2 (310in2) and a minimum width of 380mm (15ins). [6.7]

So it's a recommendation not a rule and it's considerably smaller than that ridiculous building Reg that was quoted. 

2 hours ago, reg said:

What do you mean by that? 

I spend all my time on the boat

:lol:

On 2017-5-23 at 18:06, Detling said:

Kedian they look great, but escape windows need a 450mm x 600 mm opening as a minimum those look less, also do you have a ladder to reach. If not then please don't let the boat as they won't meet landlords safety law.

Didn't know that applied to boats